WnSoft Forums

Salford Quays

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

We booked this trip a couple of months ago to get the advantage of Travelodge's low price deal. Unfortunately, you can't differentiate for the weather. So the pictures were mainly taken with thick cloud & low light or rain. This first show of the 4 is composed of shots of the ultra modern architecture built in the last 10 years. Mainly glass or aluminium so not a lot of colour.

Mechanics, due to some of you having difficulty with the video running smoothly in the last show, these are MP4's sized at 1280x720. The show is a Mediafire download of 62MB, 48 slides, 2 video clips converted in PTE to reduce their size. 4.5m run time, 16-9 aspect ratio, slides sized at 1920x1080 fixed. 2 music tracks, video sound track which has since been deleted thanks to Lin. Keypad activated. Camera Panasonic FZ150. Still experimentating with the camera so be gentle.

link removed by author, PM me if you want the link.

Yachtsman1

We booked this trip a couple of months ago to get the advantage of Travelodge's low price deal. Unfortunately, you can't differentiate for the weather. So the pictures were mainly taken with thick cloud & low light or rain. This first show of the 4 is composed of shots of the ultra modern architecture built in the last 10 years. Mainly glass or aluminium so not a lot of colour.

Mechanics, due to some of you having difficulty with the video running smoothly in the last show, these are MP4's sized at 1280x720. The show is a Mediafire download of 62MB, 48 slides, 2 video clips converted in PTE to reduce their size. 4.5m run time, 16-9 aspect ratio, slides sized at 1920x1080 fixed. 2 music tracks, video sound track which has since been deleted thanks to Lin. Keypad activated. Camera Panasonic FZ150. Still experimentating with the camera so be gentle.

http://www.mediafire.com/?p5xh82m3m4dwymc

Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

Im Biased anyway, its my beloved Manchester and I know salford Quays very well, as I pass through on my trips to watch football.

But more importantly and for what its worth im impressed with the quality/clarity of the photographs, as I said in my remarks about your fairground sequence. your new camera looks like its going to give you some fantastic photo's and im sure you must be thrilled to bits with it.

I like the zoom on the guys window cleaning and the transitions, keep up the good work and honestly Eric I feel you must be really happy at the prospect of producing future sequences with photo's taken with your new camera because they are looking great.

Ralph

Hi Eric,

I enjoyed this show - think this is the inland end of the Manchester Ship Canal? I think that the videos of the motor launch and of the Canada geese were suitable for video clips but I would suggest, perhaps when you are more confident with your new camera, a technique I suggested in a recent demo show called River Mouse can make for improved continuity of the video clip. The technique is to take a still of the subject and then immediately press the video button and take a suitable length. In the show add the still in the Slide List then go into O&A and add the video here.

Sorry to be presumptive but test it - you may like it.

Regards,

Steve.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Steve & Ralph.

Steve I hadn't thought of that action, I'll give it a go in the next Salford Quays episode. However, the stills on the fly I was supposed to be trying but keep forgetting. All the videos to date were spur of the moment, see something then press the button. Hopefully my wired remote will activate the shutter with the video running, haven't tried it yet. I need a venue where I can sit down & concentrate & let the action come to me.

Ralph your comments are most gratifying. The window cleaner shot was taken as we drove along, saw them, stopped at the side of the tram tracks & took the shots as the rain came down with the wife screaming the tram was going to hit the car, luckily, it didn't, there is a rain spot in the tree, should have P/shopped it out.

Kind Reagards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Next episode is called "Media City" which contains shots of a couple of celebs & their flash cars.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Tom

Thanks for the comments.

Regarding converging verticals, you either love them or hate them, I think they convey the drama of the structure to a two dimensional image. I have tried corrections in the past with CNX & Elements but never had much success, however I will have a look at your suggestion.

Regards Eric.

Yachtsman1.