WnSoft Forums

Problems with ulead movie factory

nldowning

I downloaded the trial version of ulead movie factory after trying in vain to get either "click to DVD" (Sony software) or pinnicle studio 8 to open the avi files. Installed the trial version of movie factory and imported the video file. Ran the preview and it worked like a charm. Tried to write to a CD 3 times (each time using a newly created video file) and got the Message "failed to convert video file, error 80041c21". Each time the message occurred at a different spot during the process. Anyone else having similar problems? Can't get any tech support for trial versions from Ulead.

• 2 weeks later...

My New Year's resolution is to NOT buy any software program until I have tested the support department. I downloaded the Ulead program but cannot install it. During the install, it asks me to insert CD 1 or something like that in the CD drive. I sent an email to Ulead two weeks ago, I have received no response. They have convinced me that they don't provide support. I posted on their forum support board and have not received a response there either.

Hi!

I note you were unable to open the AVI file in Pinnacle Studio 8. I have managed to do this successfully:

Go to Edit in Studio and click on the folder icon to navigate to your AVI file. It takes quite a while to download and when complete drag it onto the Timeline. Then progress to Make movie.

Best of luck!

Ray Groome (UK)