WnSoft Forums

"Media City" 2nd in the Salford Quays Series.

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Media City in Salford Quays is where two major TV companies, the BBC & ITV have studios & all the parafenalia of TV companies. The show is composed again mainly of the futuristic buildings which dominate the area. I've thrown in other related pictures & one video clip that has no bearing other than it was taken in Media City & I am still learning the Media with this camera. The sound track is composed of 6 tracks which are the theme tunes of programmes with pictures in the show. A couple of the stills are taken through glass without a polarising filter, the video was hand held with the subject around 75 metres away & zoomed in, it has not been edited just converted in PTE. The final few pictures relate to the show "Dragons Den", I was lucky to come across a couple of the stars outside the local Starbucks with three of their cars.

Mechanics. Mediafire 56MB down load, 65 slides, 5m 50s run time, 16-9 aspect ratio, slide size fixed 1920x1080 pixels. keyboard activated.

link removed by author, PM me if you want the link.

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Tom

Thanks for looking. I think it was the weather that was keeping people away. Also the place was swarming with security & it was not a place that you would wish to return to. Just putting the last show in the series to bed, decided to combine the Lowry & Imperial War Museum into one show, not enough Lowry pics to make a decent show due to circumstances mentioned in a previous post.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

BTW had a look at your straightening software suggestion, allowed it to run through without adjustments & came up with a wierd result, see pics. :blink:

post-5560-0-94223600-1336805929_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-36912500-1336805949_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Tom

Set the parameter to 75% as suggested & got the following result. Only problem I can think of is the Aspect Ratio, I am taking my originals at 16-9, this is altered when converting so I would have to make allowance when taking the original shot, to crop it back to 16-9? :blink::unsure:

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Tom

Set the parameter to 75% as suggested & got the following result. Only problem I can think of is the Aspect Ratio, I am taking my originals at 16-9, this is altered when converting so I would have to make allowance when taking the original shot, to crop it back to 16-9? :blink::unsure:

post-5560-0-32475300-1336892627_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-22789000-1336892649_thumb.jp

Hi Eric,

Im not suprised by the lack of people, its been like that always.

I enjoy your mini series on Salford Quays, biased I know as I said before but im really liking the photography, keep up the good work with that new camrea.

Loved seeing you in (excuse the pun) reflective mood in one of your photo's.

ralph