WnSoft Forums

Which Audio Format does PTE support?

Hello

I have invested in a top quality mic to record some live music plyed for a wedding ceremony on my Canon 5D Mk11

I am not bothered about the video as I want to add the sound behind the slideshow. I have extracted the sound as a WAV file which is uncompressed but very big, I have done some slight adjustments in audacity and I would like to know what is the best quality file format to export it from audacity with the intention of adding it to my PTE project. I have the latest version of PTE (I think!)

Thanks

Joy

Joy,

Is the final size of the PTE exe file an issue for you? If not, why not use the WAV file? If file size is a major concern then Xaver's suggestion is good. I use 192Kbps as my MP3 setting. Another consideration might be: what will be the age range of your audience? If mostly adult tending towards elderly, they will have lost some of their high-frequency hearing. Therefore you might even get away with a lower bitrate than 192kbps for an MP3 file. However, do not go lower thn 128Kbps. That is typical for music downloaded from the Internet.

Peter

What software would you use to extract the audio at CBR 192kbps please - the highest that all of my programmes will do is 128kbps.

You say above that you use Audacity. You should also have installed the corresponding MP3 Library (Lame 3.99.3). When exporting your Audacity project to an MP3 file you will see an options button, and you will have options up to 320 kbps.

Regards,

Xaver