WnSoft Forums

Video Sound Editing

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

As we can't yet edit video sound within PTE I've been using Video Pad free. When I enter a clip lnto VP, converted & optomised by PTE & introduce a 5 second sound fade, the clip run time extends by approx' .5 of a second & introduces a blank slide between the clip & the next slide. I mentioned this previously but no one commented. So I've been avoiding using VP where possible & using PTE video edit. However I am compiling a shortened version of one of my Band in the Park shows where I must have a sound fade between a clip & a slide but the .5 second black slide is annoying. While writing this I've thought of a possible solution, by re taking the VP clip into the PTE video editor & cropping off the black slide, (if it appears) will report back.

Yachtsman1.

Yachtsman1,

Any editing done to a video file (whether to the image or the sound) has to work to whole frames. Therefore, there is always going to be the possibility that the final result will not be EXACTLY equal to the length that you specified. One solution is to always have a little bit more video length than the slide duration that you specify, so that any slight mis-match will be lost in the outgoing transition. That doesn't work if you are using "Quick" transitions, of course.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Peter

That doesn't work with video pad, if you edit (eg) fade the sound 5 seconds, it leaves a black blip of around .5 of a second which is added to the clip length. I did what I said in the first post & took the VP clip back into PTE & cut out the black flash. First time it didn't work as I wanted, however after 3 attempts I've called it a draw & accepted a reduced length black flash. PTE's video editing would definately improve matters if it could edit the sound without resorting to third party edits, mixing the clips produces some wierd effects & inconsistancy.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

After spending all afternoon trying to get a show together combining video & stills, in addition to wanting to be able to fade in & out the video sound, volume adjustment would be a bonus. :rolleyes:

Yachtsman1.