WnSoft Forums

Combining projects on DVD

Nigel7

I am new to PTE & VideoBuilder.

I am looking to make a DVD of my Photographic Society's Annual Exhibition. The different classes (colour, mono, nature etc) will form separate projects and the menu will allow users to view single classes if they wish. However, I would also like to offer the choice in the menu of choosing to view all classes, one after the other. In effect I want a "Play All" option in the menu. Can anyone please tell me if and how this can be done without having to duplicate all the pictures with the effect that would have on the capacity of the DVD. Many thanks.

Guest Yachtsman1

Depends on how much you want to put on the DVD. It's a couple of years since I burned one but I think the limit for a standard Dvd is around 250MB.

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

A standard DVD has a capacity of about 4.7 GB (decimal). Do you receive Air Miles for guesses?

Regards,

Xaver

Are you taking the obnoxious pills again Xavier? What I was referring to was the size of a PTE show that can be accommodated on a standard DVD disc. Suggest you engage brain before you pour on the vitriol.

Yachtsman1 :angry:

Guest Yachtsman1

Are you taking the obnoxious pills again Xavier? What I was referring to was the size of a PTE show that can be accommodated on a standard DVD disc. Suggest you engage brain before you pour on the vitriol.

Yachtsman1 :angry:

Xaver

Does this qualify???

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-94773400-1340781511_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-63194900-1340781535_thumb.jp

IT IS VERY EASY TO FOLLOW PROVIDED LINKS -- SOMETIMES YOU GET THE PROPER ANSWERS -- MAYBE XAV CAN COVERT THEM TO GERMAN IN CASE SOME OF HIS FOLLOWERS NEED THE INFO

KEN

Hi Bob,

The DVD has 4.7 gigabytes of space. The message you received sounds like you ran out of hard-disk room instead. Either your working hard disk space is extremely limited or perhaps something with space allotment. It's doubtful that you did anything "wrong'. Have you successfully burned DVD's in the past on this system?

Best regards,

Lin

bob w, on Jun 11 2007, 10:43 PM, said:

Tried to burn a dvd. EXE file is 83 mb. 24 minutes long. No PZR. In Video Builder it's 1.23 gb. After 1hour 35 minutes message said not enough room on disk. Did I do something wrong? Is 83 mb to large Video Builder?

Bob

Best regards,

Lin

PTE AV Tutorials

http://www.learntomakeslideshows.net

lin@learntomakeslideshows.net 0

I burned a short test this morning and it waw fine. Guess I'll start dumping stuff and see if that does it.

Thanks, Bob

#4 user_off.pngIgor Kokarev user_popup.png

• av-1.jpg
  • Administrator

24 minutes of slide show on DVD.

1 second = about 0.9 MB.

1440 seconds x 0.9 MB = 1.2 GB

VideoBuilder also creates temp files and overall free space required about 2.4 GB in your case.

Igor Kokarev, WnSoft Ltd. - wnsoft.com , Write a letter

... I am looking to make a DVD of my Photographic Society's Annual Exhibition. The different classes (colour, mono, nature etc) will form separate projects and the menu will allow users to view single classes if they wish. However, I would also like to offer the choice in the menu of choosing to view all classes, one after the other. In effect I want a "Play All" option in the menu. Can anyone please tell me if and how this can be done without having to duplicate all the pictures with the effect that would have on the capacity of the DVD ...

If you are talking about a standard video DVD, you will have to live with the redundancy. If you run your projects from Preview of the PTE application, you can organize everything in a way to avoid duplicated images. But also if you create exe-files for all your projects, there will be redundancy, as well.

Regards,

Xaver

Guest Yachtsman1

Sorry, it doesn't. It rather disqualifies :(

Try the easy exercise to create a project whose exe-file is less than 1 MB, but which will fill the whole disk when publishing on DVD.

Regards,

Xaver

You are talking in riddles again, be a man & admit you made a mistake.

Yachtsman1

BTW the man who never made a mistake never made anything. (well known English quotation)