WnSoft Forums

Question about outputting to a projector

snapware

Set the laptop res to 1920x1080 when the projector is connected.

Control panel / Display.

DG

P.S. If the laptop's normal display is less than 1920x1080 or is, maybe, 1920x1200 (different AR to projector) then, in display, set the projector as the main display.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is basic frown.gif I am using a Toshiba Ultrabook to project photos with the Epson 8350 (HDMI).

How do I make sure that my laptop and slideshow is projecting 1080p resolution to the projector?

Thanks,

Steve

You didn't mention which tosh ultrabook & from what I can see there are a few different models. I looked at the spec of one on Amazon, & where it mentions HDMI it reads "Supported". When widescreen TV's first appeared "Supported" meant, you could but would need something else to acheive what was advertised.

I digress, the spec I saw was

Technical Details

Processor type : 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i3-2367M processor for Ultrabook™, clock speed : 1.40 GHz, Front Side Bus : 1,333 MHz, 3rd level cache : 3 MB

Operating System / Platform

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit (pre-installed, Toshiba-HDD recovery)

Design Colour : Steel grey metallic, magnesium chassis, matt black keyboard

Solid State Drive capacity : 128 GB

System memory standard : 4,096MB

Technology : DDR3 RAM (1,333 MHz)

Display size : 33.8cm (13.3")

Display Type: Toshiba HD non-reflective High Brightness display with 16 : 9 aspect ratio and LED backlighting, internal resolution : 1,366 x 768

Graphics adaptor type : Intel® HD Graphics 3000, Graphics memory up to 1,696 MB shared memory with 4 GB system memory installed

Interfaces/Connectivity: 1 × DC-in, 1 × external monitor, 1 × RJ-45, 1 × external microphone, 1 × built-in microphone, 1 × headphone (stereo), 1 × integrated 1.3 Megapixels Web Camera with AutoMacro support, 1 × HDMI supporting 1080p signal format,1 × SD™ Card Reader (supports SD™ Card up to 2 GB, miniSD™/microSD™ Card with adapter up to 2 GB, SDHC™ Card up to 32 GB, SDXC™ Card up to 64 GB and MultiMedia Card™ up to 2 GB), 1 (Right) × USB 3.0, 2 (Rear) × USB 2.0 (left one supporting Sleep-and-Charge), Expansion 1 × memory slot

Wireless communication Compliancy : Wi-Fi™

Network Support : 802.11a/b/g/n

Wireless Technology : Wireless LAN

Manufacturer : Intel®

Wireless Technology : Bluetooth® 3.0

Sound system supported audio format : 24-bit stereo speakers : built-in stereo speakers

Manufacturer : Realtek (ALC269Q-VB5-GR) supporting Dolby® Advanced Audio

Pointing device type : Touch Pad with Multi-Touch Control supporting two-finger scroll, pinch, flip and rotate. Featuring a separate touchpad on/off button

Battery technology : lithium-ion, 8 cell

AC adaptor input voltage : autosensing AC adapter (100/240 V) for worldwide usage, output voltage : 19 V, output current : 2.37 A

Physical dimensions W x D x H : 316.0 x 227.0 x 8.3 (front) / 15.9 (rear) mm

Weight : starting at 1.12 kg

Warranty 1 year EMEA Carry-in including Pick-up & Return in the UK & Ireland. Toshiba also offers a large range of services to upgrade your standard warranty, please have a look at our website www.toshiba.co.uk/services/ to find the right service for your product

Also included: Bundled hardware AC adaptor.

I'm not saying it isn't full HD but more details of both items (Full model numbers) would help.

I have a LT with a similar spec, but my projector is 720P. The instructions for the projector say when connecting to your PC with an HDMI lead switch on the projector first, allow a few seconds for it to warm up, then switch on the PC/LT, during the boot up process the signal type will be (720/1080P) will be shown.

Yachtsman1.

If the monitor is 1366x768 (16:9) then the graphics adaptor will still support 1920x1080.

You won't be able to set it to 1920x1080 until a 1920x1080 device such as the projector is connected.

Assuming that your Control Panel looks the same as my desktop's W7 version:

Control Panel - Appearance and Personalization - Display.

Identify which "monitor" is the Projector.

Use that as the Main Monitor - turn the laptop's monitor off - it will be of no use to you.

Set the output to 1920x1080.

DG

P.S. If the laptop's normal display is less than 1920x1080 or is, maybe, 1920x1200 (different AR to projector) then, in display, set the projector as the main display.

I would recommend to switch off the LT's monitor after being connected to the projector. In Windows 7 there is the function "Connect to a projector", choose "Projector only".

Regards,

Xaver