WnSoft Forums

Scrolling Credits

Joy

Does anyone know if it is possible in P2E to create a scrolling type effect that can be used to display credits at the end of a show like they have in movies? If anyone has ever used Windows Movie Maker, you will know what I mean. Would like to create a svcd with this. Thanks and Happy New Year to all.

Joy:

It is not possible within PTE, but if you do a search for "flash" using the search engine at the bottom right, you find references to using Flash to achieve what I think you want

Joy,

Just a Note :

Boxig's "FlashMe" should serve you well if your producing PTE as a exe Show.

You may run into some trouble or difficulties trying to create this to a vcd,svcd, dvd format. When using PTEs "Run External File" actions ... these files wont be automatically included/converted in the Video process. You will most likely have to find some other means to convert the external files and launch them. Creating a Video version is not a WYSIWYG when compared to creating the Exe version.

If you want to create scrolling titles, or any other kind of animation, you will need to use some kind of FLASH software and need Macromedia installed on your computer. I have been experimenting with using flash in PTE. You can see some simple examples by downloading my 'Cwmbran' & 'Crete' shows from Beechbrook.

I found that the software called 'SWISHMAX' was about the best so far. Why not download the trial version from the internest and see what you think?

FYI:

If you are using video editing software to make a VCD/SVCD/DVD, the video editing software may include the ability to create scrolling titles. In that case you can simply add the PTE AVI to your video timeline, and then create the scrolling credits after it using the video software's tools.

Pinnacle Studio DV (my video software) includes this feature, Ulead's video software that Igor recommends does as well, I suspect.

Dana

Thank you all for replying. I am definitely interest in SVCD or DVD so the Flash Me utility is out.

Dana, thank you very much for the tip. I have Pinnacle Expression and unfortunately it does not have scrolling credits but I will check out Studio DV. The scrolling credits really make a show look like a movie.

Dana, I hate to be a pain, :blink: but I can't find many details on the Pinnacle site regarding what Studio DV offers in the way of scrolling credits. I would love to see some examples to see how they compare to Movie Maker as I don't want to spend $100 and be dissatisfied. If you are familiar with Movie Maker, can you assure (reassure) me that Studio DV offers the same? The scrolling credits add that special touch to any show. Also I assume you are referring to Studio DV version 8? Thanks again.

PS Would you consider letting me send you an email with a wmv file attached, showing how the credits look and what I would like to be able to create in Studio DV?

Thanks Bart. :D They are exactly what I am talking about. But aren't they only available in Movie Maker? And then they have to be converted to avi or mpg to use with a video creating software. I assume you did this. I would like to be able to create these scrolling credits without having to use Movie Maker and then convert. Dana says similar credits are available in Pinnacle Studio DV but I would like to see them before I buy the software. I'm cheap and spending $100 for something that doesn't give me what I want is out of the question :blink: .'

If anyone using video creating software doesn't mind downloading Barts file, please let me know which software offers these credits and titles. Movie Maker can't be the only software that has this. Thanks.

Joy, isn't it strange that something as simple as 'scrolling credits' is proving to be so elusive. I too would very much like to be able to produce them for my slide shows. Pinnacle does have a 'sort of' way of making them but nowhere near as good as the titles created by Moviemaker. Expensive programms cannot even produce scrolling titles it seems. You mention that moviemaker titles have to be encoded in other programs - well I have tried to do that and have failed so far, perhaps someone can tell me how to do it properly.

Like you, I am becoming frustrated with not being abkle to do these things in PTE itself. Perhaps soon we will see this improvement in the program (and other things alos) else we might need to look further afield to find software that will meet our needs more closely.

Ronnie, thanks for the reply. This is precisely the reason I don't purchase another program; I am afraid I will be disappointed after using Movie Maker and other programs don't give any examples of their titles and credits. Why are these scrolling credits and flash titles so difficult for other programs to create.

I have been successful making svcds of still photos and video using Movie Maker, Tmpgenc and Pinnacle Expression. My svcds look very good to me and other people say they look good also. I have only seen svcds that I have created, so none to compare to. I also view them on a 20 inch TV with DVD player, so I don't know how they would look on a big-screen TV. I have created svcds using P2E also.

What Pinnacle software are you using?