WnSoft Forums

A Rodeo comes to Connecticut

Bert

Last year, I went to a one time a year Rodeo event near us. I have tried to capture the movements and excitement of this spectacle in this show.

Camera D300, 80-400mm lens. 1920 X 1200, 54.7mb and length is 3 Min.

Comments are always welcome as it helps me to make better shows in the future.

http://beechbrook.com/pte/

Bill Hines, thank you for hosting.

Bert

Hi Bert,

Excellent rodeo images - you shot it from ground level which is always best! Out here in Colorado we have rodeo shows quite frequently, but rare, I guess in the east. The bull riding is always fun what with all the "snot" and other excrement from the bulls and a thrill a second for the riders - LOL. When I was young I rode the circuit a bit myself - too easy to get hurt and not too many healthy older rodeo cowboys.

Congratulations on a great show - it was fun watching and listening!!

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

I was hoping a “Real Westerner” would see it an comment. As a transplanted “Dutchman” living in the East, this was the first time I saw an event like this, and it was very entertaining. I think I saw only one older rider out there and can see why you stopped riding yourself.

Thanks for your comments.

Bert

Bert

I quite enjoyed this, a splendid record of an event we would not see over here.

I would say that a few of the different transitions don’t really add anything more to this show, the action is already in the photographs, but each to our own.

As already said, you have some great low point of view shots, which really add quite a dramatic impact to the whole sequence.

Very nice work, thanks for sharing it with us.

Hi Morturn,

Thanks for your comments, I did a lot of the transitions, (fast zoom, a little 3D etc.) because, I thought the images needed to be less static on the screen to get a feel for the action.

It's always hard to know what is right and what is too much.

Thanks,

Bert

Hi Antony,

Thanks for your comments, my intent was to make a fast moving show of a very fast moving event.

glad you liked it.

Bert

Hi Ken,

I was thinking the same when I was making the show, about this being a show that would be perfect for video clips. I just bought a camera that can do video also, so maybe next time. What I understand from this forum, it is another steep learning curve :(

Thanks for watching.

Bert