WnSoft Forums

MP3 sync question

Bruman

For help on using the TIMELINE you might want to download Alrobin's PTE Tutorial 101. It is on page 3 of Beechbrook. here

I am not sure what you want in terms of the .wav file. Are there to be no images on the screen, but you want the music to play ? Why a .wav file and not a MP3 ?

I am not sure if you could play it using the "Run Action after last slide" on ADVANCED tab of Project Options, try it but I doubt it.

Or you could merge the .wav file into the music for the show and have a black image on the screen after the last normal image.

The other route is to add the .wav file under "Customize slide>MUSIC", that will cut the background music, but you still need time on the timeline to keep the show (ie the .wav file) going.

I am sure others will have more thoughts

Hi, Bruman

One way to do this is to check "When show ends keep last slide ... on screen" in the "Project Options / Main" menu. Then add your wave file to the "Sound" line on the main window. If you do not want the wave file to overlap the end of the mp3 background music, make sure the last slide is near the very end of the timeline.

Hi Bruman

Have you tried it the way that Alrobin suggested ?

Another way is add (in sound editing software) the .wav file to the end of the MP3 file that you have playing as the background and synch the picture of the camera to come up when the clicking sound starts.

But I sense you have a problem with that. That is why Alrobin's way is likely best for you

When I add the wav file it greys out the option to synch the slideshow to a timeline..

Bruman,

You can't add it in "Customize slide". If you want to sync it, you could add it as a second sound file in "Project Options". On the timeline you will then see a blue vertical bar across the timeline indicating the start of the second selection. Place your last slide to start at the blue bar.

Or, you could do as JRR says, and use a sound editor to convert it to mp3 and add it to the end of the existing mp3 file.