WnSoft Forums

Problem with opening files in left side window.

Blastoff

OK Guys! I'm still have not heard any suggestions. He're the deal. I am not able to open a folder in the left pane. I know how to use this program and I am not talking about network computers. This is happening on two computers, with the program installed in each one.

When double click or trying to open a folder nothing happens. The option to 'select all pictures' is grayed out. No way to add images to a new show. I want to think there is some corrupt files, and would like suggestions as to how to fix. I have been to the regristry to attempt to delete entries, unstalled and reinstalled. No help.

My first post was blank due to my ignorance regarding the forum. Sorry folks.

Blastoff,

Did this file access problem just occur somewhat recently and is the issue exerienced in other programs other than PTE? What version of PTE and Windows are on your PCs?

I want to think there is some corrupt files,

In most cases when a file is corrupt you would receive a message of some "Access Violation"

When double click or trying to open a folder nothing happens. The option to 'select all pictures' is grayed out.

By your above description ... I also assume that all left and right click file actions is not working ? Left file panel has the capabilities of Dbl-Click, Right-Click and Drag to add images to the right panel slide list.

I have been to the regristry to attempt to delete entries

What specifically were you searching for to remove from the registry ?

Have you tried opening previously made .pte files as a test ?

I have not been able to duplicate your issue within PTE itself. Usually file access issues of this nature tend to be experienced system wide. If they prove to migrate slowly and affect other files/programs within your Sys ... a file virus may be the case.

Off to a slow start ... but a history needs to be developed here.