WnSoft Forums

Grouping Objects In Editor

anthrodoc

You're right, Brian, PTE Help file needs a good update (some members are working to help Igor in this job).

To "group" two or more objects is very simple, when one knows how to do it...

You have only to draw with the mouse a rectangle around your objects (like in most other programs), and you'll see "Group" tab become active. It's all!

• 3 years later...

You're right, Brian, PTE Help file needs a good update (some members are working to help Igor in this job).

To "group" two or more objects is very simple, when one knows how to do it...

You have only to draw with the mouse a rectangle around your objects (like in most other programs), and you'll see "Group" tab become active. It's all!

Amazing! I just posted this question... and I got an answer from Italy! (Couldn't have been more than a matter of minutes, while I was checking the dinner in the oven!)

We're quick here Brian.

I guess the help writers are holding on to their cards until the next version comes out. Then we'll all have a lot of new tricks to learn.

Keith:

You have to be in the OBJECT EDITOR page

Thanks for your reply. I was in Object editor mode, and although I can input text and buttons and control their position and size I have no control over any picture which I insert. I have tried drawing around the pictures with the mouse but still the group button is asleep

Keith

in object editor mode

try clicking on one of your pictures with the left mouse - it should change colour -- and with the mouse button depressed move it around the screen

you should also be able to move your block of text the same way

when completed make sure the pict / text has returned to normal colour then click ok and return to the main program screen

ken

:blink: I may be overlooking the obvious, but the help file seems incomplete in describing how to group objects in Editor mode. I can't seem to highlight more than one object at a time, and my "Group" button stays asleep.... Suggestions?

Brian

You can use CTRL + A if you want to select all objects

The topic in this thread has reminded me to ask just how many are using the Object Editor features. Jean-Pierre Dollangere has produced a number of shows using these features to great effect. However most (if not all) of the effects can also be produced using Photoshop features, i.e. building up a series of slides from a single slide with objects gradually added. Generally using the Object Editor requires individual objects to be created first anyway, so is there much advantage is using this technique. I would be interested in anyone's experiences.

Jeff Evans

.... so is there much advantage is using this technique. Jeff Evans

First of all a dramatic fall of the final exe "weight" if there are many objects in the slideshow !

I am not sure if incorporating objects lessens the CPU load and per consequence increases the speed of treatment.

so is there much advantage is using this technique. I would be interested in anyone's experiences.

Jeff Evans

Jeff:

The OBJECT EDITOR does save file size as just mentioned that can be an advantage.

Personally I do not use it for mulitple images on the screen as it can problematic when shown on different screen resolutions. I realize there are work-arounds that JP has done good work with, but I prefer the PhotoShop method, pending the release of ver 5.

I do use the Object Editor for making "launch pages" for other shows to start from.

The topic in this thread has reminded me to ask just how many are using the Object Editor features. Jean-Pierre Dollangere has produced a number of shows using these features to great effect. However most (if not all) of the effects can also be produced using Photoshop features, i.e. building up a series of slides from a single slide with objects gradually added. Generally using the Object Editor requires individual objects to be created first anyway, so is there much advantage is using this technique. I would be interested in anyone's experiences.

Jeff Evans

Just for fun this Slideshow

That's right it's easier with Paintshop Pro or Photoshop, but in the next version, I think the objects will be more interesting for everybody.

Just for fun this Slideshow

That's right it's easier with Paintshop Pro or Photoshop, but in the next version, I think the objects will be more interesting for everybody.

Very good Jean-Pierre. I enjoyed that and take your point about what you can do.

Thanks

Jeff