WnSoft Forums

Drag & Drop in Timeline View

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I'm on the second of my Edinburgh shows using 7.07, (daren't venture any further yet :o ) I have a 40 second video clip that I want to split into three sections to add stills between the video clips. I tried dragging the stills into the timeline view but it doesn't work. Suppose it's asking too much in view of all that's going on to introduce it in the next version, or is it impossible. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM, :huh: I think I get 1, will investigate & report back, 2 & 3 will take longer as I've never used PTE's sound editing. I've now completed the sequence by cutting the original video into 4 sections using PTE's crop facility, I've stripped the existing sound using Audacity, extended it by copying & pasting to cover the still pics, which I don't think PTE's sound editor can do? However, thanks for the heads up we'll see how we go.

PS Can I assume the demo will work in 7.07???

Yachtsman1.

Hi Eric,

Maybe here is where a verbal explanation can help.

Since you have the ability with PTE to "start" and "stop" a video at any desired time (as David shows), you don't need to jump through hoops to do what you want to achieve.

Just set the "stop time" for the video where you want to insert your first still image(s) then set the "start time" for the same video where you want to proceed, etc., such as the "stop" time for the first instance so it will continue as desired. No need to chop up your video in an editor....

You just drop the same video into the slidelist (multiple times) at the position you want it to begin and for that instance, use the "start time" of zero (assuming you want to start the video at its beginning). Then set the stop time where you want to "pause" the video and continue with your slides. Then drop the video in again where you want it to "resume" and use the "start time" identical to the "stop time" in the first instance. There is no overhead penalty for dropping the same video in multiple times and you can decide where in the video you want to start and stop by simply changing these times. You can "observe" the timing on the video in the mini-player and just write down the various "stop" times.

In all, it's pretty straight-forward when you use the features available.

Best regards,

Lin