WnSoft Forums

Rain

Ghulya

Well, I have had another look at it and second time round I didn't think it too long at all (I just wanted to make a joke about UK weather). I was mesmerised by all the different textures in the photos and very intruiged as to how you took the shots. You have combined them very well and produced a very inivitive and different show.It is a shame that, to date, I am the only one who has commented. If someone spots an obscure technical point then replies abound but memebers seem to ingnore the purpose of the software - to produce A/V's.

Hello,

I finally had a chance to view your video and was very impressed. Great job.

Having moved from the State of Washington 14 months ago to Pennsylvania I am well acquainted with the constant rain during the Pacific Northwest's dreary winters.

You have done an excellent job of reminding me of that time of my life.

Steven

Thanks Mickp for...humor english and courtesy, yes a bit long, but I already cut 2 minutes of video

Da Campos

Thanks again Mickp for reminding me…English weather - my son told me for an entire year, the rainy London days - and you seeing a second time the video. No, there is another comment that is other side of Ocean...America.

All shots were photographed with Olympus Camedia C 5050 a little “true” Leicamera for me; and in rare case an Manfrotto Monopod. I mixed more images of night with other in same low light; like mannequin in showcases, an particular reportage on night, that me curious as always.

The site, or set of movie is my little town Potenza-Power, because I think in other “land” is literaly impossible shoot like same “mood”.

Da Campos

Well, I have had another look at it and second time round I didn't think it too long at all (I just wanted to make a joke about UK weather). I was mesmerised by all the different textures in the photos and very intruiged as to how you took the shots. You have combined them very well and produced a very inivitive and different show.It is a shame that, to date, I am the only one who has commented. If someone spots an obscure technical point then replies abound but memebers seem to ingnore the purpose of the software - to produce A/V's.

Thanks Steven

Da Campos

• 3 weeks later...

This is an "experimental" show with PTE v. 7.0.6 after more months et voilà

Da Campos

As an ‘Experiment’ I think you are on to something quite interesting here; I found this one absolutely fascinating.

I really like this collection of high contrast back and white images, the subdued lighting and darkness suggesting there is far more happening than can be seen; the cold, wet and dark atmosphere really adds character and mystique to this show. It oozes a private meaning in relation to your photography, which we would call ‘punctum’, yet at the same time shows a very public ‘studium’; in other words amazing

I thought the show length was bordering on almost too long, I say this because this as a concept, is far better fed in smaller doses; and should leave the viewer wanting more, thus preserving its mystique.

What I think you should consider is using a tripod rather than a monopod, so that the movement is constrained to the subjects that actually move. I would also consider, where you have reversed and repeated a sequence, try using a series of sequential image instead, so thing all move in the same direction. The rain drops in the puddles was one example I was thinking of.

This to me is an extremely powerful slideshow, and has the potential to say such a lot. It is easy to see the amount of effort you have put into its, and I think this shows quite clearly. I do like seeing things like this where people push aside the norm, and are not afraid to show it off.

Thanks for sharing it.

• 5 weeks later...

Brilliant, so good to see someone working 'out the box' so to speak.

I was mesmerised, totally immersed in your work, I have no negatives but I compliment you.

Very atmospheric and I really enjoyed the music track you chose

Mantenere il grande lavoro.

ralph

Brilliant, so good to see someone working 'out the box' so to speak.

I was mesmerised, totally immersed in your work, I have no negatives but I compliment you.

Very atmospheric and I really enjoyed the music track you chose

Mantenere il grande lavoro.

ralph

Many thanks you seen my Ppt slides

Best Regards

Michele Annunziata

As an ‘Experiment’ I think you are on to something quite interesting here; I found this one absolutely fascinating.

I really like this collection of high contrast back and white images, the subdued lighting and darkness suggesting there is far more happening than can be seen; the cold, wet and dark atmosphere really adds character and mystique to this show. It oozes a private meaning in relation to your photography, which we would call ‘punctum’, yet at the same time shows a very public ‘studium’; in other words amazing

I thought the show length was bordering on almost too long, I say this because this as a concept, is far better fed in smaller doses; and should leave the viewer wanting more, thus preserving its mystique.

What I think you should consider is using a tripod rather than a monopod, so that the movement is constrained to the subjects that actually move. I would also consider, where you have reversed and repeated a sequence, try using a series of sequential image instead, so thing all move in the same direction. The rain drops in the puddles was one example I was thinking of.

This to me is an extremely powerful slideshow, and has the potential to say such a lot. It is easy to see the amount of effort you have put into its, and I think this shows quite clearly. I do like seeing things like this where people push aside the norm, and are not afraid to show it off.

Thanks for sharing it.

Thanks again for critics

Long time, eh, my son, graphic designer, said like you. Question of point view. Problem is because the “Televison” for too rapid sequences, I think advertising, strongly influences way we see.

Sure I don’t like (too) tripod, I prefer an image “slight out of focus” and not magize photo (many times without soul). And because is my personal “poetica”.

Good question in conclusion: why I repeat scene(s)? Yes, is my stile.

Thanks

Da Campos

Ps. Punctum was a word used of Roland Barthes his book “Light (chamber) camera”, if remeber...