WnSoft Forums

Picture Flicker on SVCD

paulnewsom

I think we are all getting some flicker

i have gone to stores and in some cases have seen flicker - and this is even from hollywod studio dvd's

it depends on the tv i think

Stephen Lau's and other people's findings are worth studying

i had a friend over the other day and he couldn't see the slight flicker from where he was sitting, then when we got up within 2 ft of the 29" -- he said well maybe he could see it and he told me i was worrying too much ;)

i think we are all being too critical - we dont have the equipment nor the software that the big boys have

i have had better luck creating a svcd with tmpgenc, but letting the software ezcd or nero re encode it to vcd ---

quite a few players will not play svcd -- i have 2 toshiba's sd3900 and sd 3950 - 1 bought mid summer and the other in Nov that wont play svcd.

i lucked on to 2 that will play about anything -- citizen jdvd 3641w -- they were the cheapest of the lot and a Koss ks 3112 that will play svcd

it is going to be a bit before all the bugs/quirks etc are worked out -- i am happy with what i am making -- could be better but we shall get there [as long as they still make disks for us to practice on]

i am tempted to get a dvd burner but do not see the need as yet

ken B)