WnSoft Forums

The Florida Experience

trailertrash

I've put the first two elements of my Florida visit on Beechbrook. Many thanks to Bill for providing a gateway to the world for them.

Kennedy Space Center

The Magic of Disney

Busch Gardens

Spirit of America

I have some more to do but these two were the highlight of the visit for me. Two amazing places. In the KSC we got a full on tour of the vehicle assembly building where we saw the shuttle being retired and perped for its journey to its new home and mission control, the actual room where they controled the Apollo missions inc '13.We had a short lecture and demonstration from one of the people who worked on the shuttles and saw parts which went to make it up. What an insight to the programme. The rocket hanger which houses the giant rocket and all the displays inc a suit which still has the moon dust on it! Then back to the visitor center by AC coach and a chance to see the displays there inc a replica of the Mars curiosity rover, and the shuttle simulator.We bought our photo pack which included a flash drive with stock images on it and a ' not for profit use ' licence. I used 3 in my show. A short drive to the Astronaut Hall of Fame and then home to Haines City. An absolutely brilliant day.

No trip to Florida would be complete without a visit to Disney. Seeing it on tv doesnt do it justice. The moment I passed thro the gate I was transported back to my childhood. Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Mickey and all the characters from my my favourite stories and movies. The Magic Castle stands majestically at the top of main street and the show by the performers is hourly. What a show it was.I watched it 3 times!!! Ol' Walt was a genuis/visionary call him what you will but his legacy will last for generations.I was asked by a woman and her daughter if I had seen Alice...you could only be asked that question in the Magic Kingdom.

In these two shows I hope you see something you like or something that triggers a fond memory.

Andrew

I've completed the shows that I valued the most. The memories will live with me for many a long year. However I did take a lot more pictures. If anyone is interested and would enjoy seeing my favourite selection of the trip, I have created a gallery here:

The Florida Galleries

There are a wealth of images to see which shows a lot more of the area that the AV's I posted. Hope you pay them a visit and I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I did being there and living the Florida Experience.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Did not visit the KSC on my trip but certainly enjoyed the visit to Disney and as you said, one is transported back in time to their childhood.

Enjoyed both your shows and thanks for sharing.

Colin

HI Colin, the KSC should not be missed. IMHO its definately the 'other' jewel in the crown in florida.

Disney is just...well disney. nuff said. :)

Andrew

Great work Andrew, on all your recent shows. Tack sharp images. Great captures. Thanks for sharing !! Heading to Disney with our grand-kids in March 2013.

Regards,

Bill

Thatnk you Bill for hosting the shows/links on Beechbrook. I upgraded my camera before we went and the difference is apparent.

Your grandchildren will love it. The first person we met when we got thro the gate was Mary Poppins...how cool was that?

Andrew

Andrew,

Enjoyed both your AVs. Well captured.

The Kennedy Space Centre would be on my list of places to see.

Lots of detail to take in and maybe some images on the Space Centre could have lasted a little longer.

Well done.

Davy

Thanks Davy,

There is just so much to see and do in that area, its incredible. 2 weeks just isnt enough.

I kept the timing uniform simply because I was getting carried away!!! I came home with 2700 pics!!!

I could have stayed at the KSC for the 2 weeks....:)

Andrew

Andrew

Busch Gardens another winner

ken

Thanks Ken,

The work they do for conservation etc is amazing. Not just in USA but world wide. We saw a bald eagle that someone had shot! They got it and were treating it. Regretably it wont be able to return to the wild due to wing damage, but it will be cared for in Busch Gardens.

Andrew

ANDREW

Spirit of America

great collection -- you have captured them in all their glory

you would have the wheels burned off the wheelchair if you ever had the opportunity to visit

Detroit's annual Woodward Dream cruise in August

https://www.google.ca/search?q=2012+dream+cruise+pictures&hl=en&rlz=1T4ADFA_enCA470CA470&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=OHdbUKa1F4uA0AGZlIDIBQ&ved=0CDoQsAQ&biw=848&bih=389

this year they loosened the rules a bit re noise !!!!!

ken

Hi Andrew, your shows are fantastic, you have done us proud (USA) with your photos of that part of our country.

I have visited the area, many years ago, I must say you captured the area very well. (I didn't see a car show)

Do they still have the IMax show at KSC?

Best regards, Gayland

PS great website, also.