WnSoft Forums

Intels new HD Graphics 4000

nobeefstu

Just some information on Intels new processor Graphic playback with PTE.

I recently installed a new Intel processor i5-3570K (Gen3) which has the upgraded HD Graphics 4000 processor graphic capabilities.

The new generation HD 4000 graphics works wonderfully well with PTE slideshows ... where older onboard generations were sometimes adequate. I tested several slideshows from WnSoft site which had animations, video, masking, and even the spinning cubes and all were silky smooth and very rich looking.

So maybe beginning now with the new HD 4000 (and whatever the future holds) ... PTE slideshows and processor graphic capabilities can live in harmony. Its not the perfect solution to using discrete (add-on) graphic cards ... but its a nice capable alternative till one saves up and buys the graphic card they want later.

*Only selected Gen3 processors have the HD 4000 graphics. The other Gen3 models will come with the HD 2500 version. So for users shopping for new PCs ... spend the little extra for models that have the HD 4000

* I still plan on buying a add-on graphic card ... but just wanted users to know how well this performs with PTE before I do.

* The Intel i5-3570K processor is on a Intel Z77-K series desktop board running 1866 ram. I really dont know how well other models and laptops will perform with the new HD 4000 graphics ... but Im quite impressed and very happy with mine.