WnSoft Forums

Audio-visual workshops

Hi

I'm new to this site, but thought that you may be interested to know that I have just launched a new series of audio-visual workshops. The promotional material, with your agreement Bill, will be uploaded shortly, in the form of an audio-visual but details can be obtained directly from me. I am running evening classes in South Wales, one day courses, 3 day a/v breaks in Wales, Devon and possibly the Cotswolds (or any other suggested locations) and 4 and 5 day residential programmes in Mid Wales. So if any of you guys or gals outside the UK want a fun house-party holiday centred around a/v workshops with stunning scenery, then let me know.

More to follow later......................!

The Image Suite

Hi, The Image Suite,

I presume your AV presentations are free, or else you would not be promoting them here on this Forum. :)

Do you have a web site where we can obtain more detailed information about them? Are they centred around PicturesToExe?

Hi Al

I have come to learn that nothing is free in this world!

Website is currently under construction........and will be available within the next two or three weeks......it's currently with the programmer.

I have a pdf file for the 4 and 5 day workshops, and the others are being prepared. I am also sourcing venues in France at the moment. If you'd like me to forward the pdf then drop me a line at theimagesuite@aol.com

Re the software......I cover Pictures-To-Exe, GlobFx, (which despite its need for a suitable graphics card, is an excellent software for a/v use) and SWiSH. Sometimes work with Premiere and ProShop Gold but the P-t-e, SwiSH and GlobFx are my preferred for the workshops.

Regards

The Image Suite

Hi Barry

In answer to both questions…..it very much depends on which programme the delegate wishes to attend – I currently have a Beginners programme (5 day residential) and a more Advanced (4 day residential)[probably Intermediate is a better description bearing in mind your vast experience - and this will be changed shortly to reflect such with a further programme being added] and have just introduced one day and three day programmes on a variety of subject matter all to do with a/v. Overall, we cover everything, subject to attendees previous experience, from the use of the digital/35mm cameras or using negatives/slides/scanning etc, improving their photography and composition etc, basically from scratch through to, planning the a/v story, image manipulation software especially Photoshop V7 and Elements, audio – where to find the music, how to download, edit it etc copyright, text, narration, sound effects, animation, and, naturally the a/v software. It is a ‘hands-on’ workshop…..with small numbers – and all very practical.

Hope this helps........

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Digital Stories

Re the new workshops. One has been completely developed and the other is about 70% there, but we have some other activities going on so we are looking to co-incide the launch with this other news.........but the workshops are totally unique!

Thanks for the interest :) ............will keep you posted, and ofcourse it will first be announced on our website.

The Image Suite