WnSoft Forums

Problems getting menu slide at end of show to work

pixelpete

Hello – it has been many months since I’ve had time to use PTE, and since I’ve visited this great forum, and I was never an expert user to begin with. I am having a problem I hope the good people here can help me with.

In the past, I have created many CDs that autorun an introductory slide show of a small number of slides, ending with a menu slide which lets the viewer launch other, bigger shows, open a README text file, or click on an EXIT button to terminate. These small intro shows have never had music. This time, I tried making the intro show larger (about 3.5 min) with more slides (34) and I custom sync’ed it to an MP3 (3.3 MB). The MP3 fades out as the final menu slide transitions into view (fade in, 1.5 sec transition time). I set the option to keep the last slide on the screen. I put 8 objects on this menu slide, 5 of which are buttons. I set the properties for 3 of the buttons to launch other slide shows by choosing “Run application or open file…” (the other two buttons are set to open the README and to exit, as previously mentioned). I put the other 3 slide shows plus the README into the same folder as the pte file. However, none of the buttons do anything (the pointer won’t even change to the hand), either when previewing from the .pte or after saving as .exe.

I removed the MP3 and unchecked the sync to music option and tried again, and all the buttons worked. I then added 5 min. of silence to the end of the MP3, and also changed the duration of the final menu slide to 5 min (300 sec). and re-sync’ed the show to the lengthened MP3 so the show wouldn’t end as the last slide comes up. I tried it with and without the internal MP3 player. None of this worked.

Is there a way to make this work with music?

Thanks in advance,

pete

Pete,

Why dont you give PTE Beta version 4.20 a test to see if it fullfills your needs. This build is still only Beta and not Final release.

This release features much more than just AVI/DVD functions ... it has many more functions not all completed as of this Beta build release.

Guest Techman1

Pete,

Another option is to let your Sync "Intro" show run and at the end do the “Run application or open file…” of your Menu show. Just make the menu show a non-Sync show and that should solve your problem.

Or as Stu says, try the new version and see if that helps. I haven't used the new version in this way so I can't offer any great advice.

Good luck.

Fred

Another option is to let your Sync "Intro" show run and at the end do the “Run application or open file…” of your Menu show.  Just make the menu show a non-Sync show and that should solve your problem.

Thanks Inna, Stu and Fred. I tried Beta v4.20, but that did not solve the problem. Fred, your idea sounds like the way to go, but I'm afraid I don't know how. Is there a way to cause the end of one show to automatically launch another, without having the viewer click on an object like a button or picture?

Thanks,

pete

Pete

You will probably get a more authoritative answer, but have you tried Project Options>Advanced>Advanced Options>Run Application after last slide.

Ron [uK]

Pete,

Please check again ... if your trying to use Buttons on the last slide of your SYNC show.

Using music SYNC and mouse access to Buttons is now possible in Beta v4.20.

Make sure you Tick both boxes :

Synchronize slideshow to music duration and Permit the control of show

This version now allows mouse interactivity with your object/buttons and use of the navigation bar ... when used with SYNC show setting.

Stu (and Jim) - thank you very much. I was missing the "Permit control of Show" ckeckbox. Using beta 4.20 and ticking both that and the sync boxes did the trick!

And thanks also to Ron for pointing out the option for running applications after last slide - that will come in very handy.

Another pleasant experience using PTE and in getting help from the great folks on this forum. :D

Many thanks,

pete