WnSoft Forums

UP AND DOWN ARROWS

Igor,

Could we use UP and DOWN Arrows to move a Highlighted Audio Track up and down??

The use of these arrows is quite common in other software applications.

DG

P.S. I just noticed that Peter has mentioned a similar suggestion.

I don't care whether PTE's controls work similarly to any other software or not - but I do firmly believe that, within itself, PTE should be consistent. Whatever hotkey is used to move tracks up and down in the Timeline, it should be the same hotkey that is used to move objects up and down in the Objects List of the O&A window. That way a new user will quickly learn how to operate within PTE. As I said in that other post to which Dave refers, I am concerned that the new Timeline view relies too heavily on complex hotkey combinations. New users, especially the younger generation (who represent the future users of PTE), are used to icon-based interfaces. To put it rather crudely: hotkeys are for geeks.

Peter

I think that the need for some means of moving a track up or down (other than the menu) would be a welcome addition.

My reason for choosing just the up or down arrow is that the one key operation cannot accidentally change the setup of the synchronisation.

The position of any track from top to bottom changes nothing in the setup.

DG

P.S. With regard to similarities between various software packages, Igor drew an analogy between PTE and Photoshop in another (very) recent post so I merely reciprocated.