WnSoft Forums

Advice required

fh1805

I have, today, jumped into the 21st Century and bought myself a smartphone: a Samsung GT-S7500 B)/> .

I would like to try "Publishing" one of my PTE sequences into a format that will playback on this device. I have looked at the options available in v7.5 under Publish > Video for Mobile devices. These are all for either iDevices or for Tablets. My Samsung is neither an iAnything nor a tablet. It's a simple smartphone (Ok, to me, right now, that should be complex smartphone :unsure:/> ).

Can anyone guide me as to which option(s) would be suitable? And will I need to download an app to do the playback? If so, which one? The device is an Android-based unit.

regards,

Peter

Peter

my kids have iphone's and i make a file for them - it is a mp4 file -- talked with a computer consultant geek the other night and remarked that the files i have put up on facebook are sharp as a tack on his phone --

so i would select one of the selections in the choices and try it

btw i dont have a smart phone #4 grandchild said " poppy you couldn't figger it out " ))))))

Tom has got all the toys and he will likely fix you up

ken

Look for spec of said phone - it will probably tell you which flavour of video file it will play?

DG

P.S. From user manual:

Videos

Learn to use the video player to play various kinds of

videos. The video player supports the following file formats:

3gp,mp4, webm (Codec: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, VP8).

●● Some file formats are not supported depending on

the software of the device.

●● If the file size exceeds the available memory, an error

can occur when you open files.

●● Playback quality may vary by content type.

●● Some files may not play properly depending on how

they are encoded.

1 In Idle mode, open the application list and select Videos.

Having now tracked down the technical specs for this device by using Google (there was almost no useful information with it in the box!) I have successfully created video files and copied them from the PC to the device. I used PTE v7.5 as follows:

- With no change to the existing PTE project, I chose "Publish > Video for Mobile Devices"

- From the "Device" drop down menu I chose "iPhone 4, 4S"

- I changed the Video Width and Height to 480 and 270 respectively (the two sequences I tried this on were both 16:9 1920x1080 originals; the native resolution of the device is 480x320)

- I left all other settings at their default, as-shipped, values

PTE rendered a 3 minute sequence involving heavy animation (Rubik's Cube) in 42 seconds and an 8 minute sequence involving 19 video clips as well as still and animated images (Tocketts Mill) in under 2 minutes. The output quality of both sound and image was quite acceptable given the obvious limitations of the playback device.

regards,

Peter