WnSoft Forums

No sound in exe file??? [SOLVED]

Gnurra

This is really strange, when I create an exe file and play it, none of the added audio is played. This is the first time it happend and I have no idea why. Anyone with a sollution?

I use PTE 7.5. Have used betas earlier where it worked fine, but trying now with earier beta version have the same result, no sound. When previewing, music (mp3) play fine.

Anyone with same problem?

Have you changed your audio editor or any of the audio parameters?

Try downloading a new MP3 and do nothing to it except add it to a single slide and see if it plays. Sometimes users have had issues with certain audio editors outputting mp3's with issues. Sound has always worked fine for me, and nobody else has mentioned a problem, so I suspect it's something with your system or the files rather than with PTE.

Best regards,

Lin

That is really strange - try looking at each slide and be certain that there is no "audio comment" inserted - especially in the fist slide. In fact, try removing the first slide and see if it will work then. Something in your show is interfering with the audio and it "could" be an accidental audio comment.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi, I too have issues with 7.5 audio playback but am living with it at the moment. I have created 2 shows and during the creating phase I have a problem. I have used the pxe remove programme tool and downloaded a fresh copy and installed it, but still get the same result.

My problem is a different one though. If during the editing process I wish to preview the part that I am working on, if I play the show say from slide 7(it can be any slide) using the small button for the preview screen and watch the result on the small preview screen then the show runs and plays correctly with sync audio.

But if I attempt to use any of 'Fullscreen' button at base of the preview screen, 'Preview' button at the top right of screen, 'Start preview from this slide' button top left of screen, then the show starts (fullscreen) at the correct selected slide, BUT the music ALWAYS starts playing the beginning of the FIRST track!!!

This has happened on two copies of 7.5, and on 2 different shows. I can carry on working as I can get by using the small preview screen but would prefer not to!

Pete

Hi petejack,

It is probably best not to add a similar problem into an existing topic. It always runs the risk of the discussion switching to the new problem and forgetting about the problem that was first reported. Far better to open a new topic for the new problem, even if it seems similar. If the investigation confirms that the two are actually the same problem, the moderator's can then combine the two topics into one.

regards,

Peter