WnSoft Forums

UNHANDLED EXCEPTION AT "TPteEngine"

orizaba

Hi Jose,

I don't know if this might be useful to you as a temporary work-around or not. I just made a show which runs 96 different separate videos simultaneously, and duplicates this five times plus a six video rotating, zooming cube all running on a single slide. That's a total of 486 simultaneous videos on a slide.

Since your final project will be in a video format, you might proceed like I did. I never added more than 12 videos at a time, then I created a MP4 h.264 video, loaded it as the project and added another dozen videos, and repeated this process until I had the initial "video wall" built. Then I loaded this video wall (as a video) five times to create my Video Room and created yet another MP4 h.264. Then I added that as a project and created my rotating video cube and once again saved as an MP4 h.264.

By doing this in increments in an iterative fashion, I was able to avoid out-of-memory issues and the finished show actually runs pretty good as an executable as well as a video.

If your project can be created in this fashion, you might get on with it while Wnsoft is working on the errors. Just a thought...

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Thanks for your help.

By the way, do you really think that WnSoft is working on this...? I am not so sure, as per their silence!

I think I understood your solution and, as a matter of fact, that is exactly what I have done with my project in order to overpass the situation.

However, it was a lot of stupid work because project was not thought for that from start.

After such project I already made another one including lots of video as well, and I structured it from start for this purpose, which made things a lot more easy.

However, I insist: WnSoft made possible the use of video (even Full HD video!) in the projects, what is of a great interest indeed! But Full HD demands a lot of memory and processing. I think that WnSoft should have made a 64-bit native software at the same time in order to allow, in an effective way, the use of video.

As I said before, they have a pitbull inside a caniche case...

In relation to this, did you ever noticed that "publishing" HD H.264 mp4 files is not possible when included video is very large?

I mean, I had a 51 minutes AVI video (PTE converted), 2 GB, and tried to publish. MP4 resulting file is truncated after 14 minutes!

It happened several times, truncating at diferent times.

Solution: divide the video in several slides (around 13 minutes video each) and publish several mp4 files.

Then, using YAMB 1.6.0, I joined all mp4 files (no recoding).

Thanks again and regards,

Jose

Jose,

The 'unhandled exception' problem is already solved in version 7.5.2.

But Out of Memory problem is not. To fully solve this bug, we need to make PTE a native 64-bit application, and that's a lot of work. We will do it sooner or later, but I cannot say exactly when. At this moment, we are busy with other tasks. My apologies.

Artem