WnSoft Forums

Editing parameters of a key frame in O&A

uuderzo

Sometimes i need to adjust objects parameters to accomodate the final result of very complex slides.

I feel the need to place the time cursor before or after the key point and still being able to edit key point attributes.

I currently need to select the key point, blindly change parameters values then move the time cursor in the interested location. And iterate more and more until good result is reached. With complex structures it's really annoying.

Maybe something like CTRL+click over a key point to enable a "sticky editor" mode and being able to see how my edits reflect on the time point i'm currently on?

Umberto

Place the cursor in the timeline where you want to make the change.

Right click - "Add Keyframe Here" - the parameters will reflect the position of the cursor and the settings of the keyframes on either side.

Edit to suit.

DG

I don't really want to add a key frame in the middle. This may alter the animation flow. What i need is to place the time cursor at the middle and change a previous/subsequent key frame (obviously only by numeric fields and not by mouse dragging objects). Then i wish to see what happens in the middle point.

It sometimes happens that you need to adjust some animation starting point but it matches with a zero opacity key frame. Then you need to restore 100% opacity (maybe on several objects), perform the adjustment then restore the zero opacity. Annoying.

If i were able to "move a little forward" in time and see the "faded in" object while being able to edit parameters i could save a lot of time. But there is plenty of cases when you really don't need an intermediate keyframe but need to alter parameters then see the result in some "middle point". I think that it should not be too difficult to technically reach this result.

Greetings! Umberto

I often click on the blue arrow pointer and then drag that to and fro along the O&A timeline to view the effect of a change.

Peter

Yes, that's what i currently do. But wouldn't be cool to place the blue pointer somewhere and see the effect of a key change without a continue drag of the cursor?

Cheers! Umberto

Umberto,

I'm not sure how that would work?

At a point half way between two keyframes, which keyframe would you be adjusting? The one to the left or the one to the right?

Always the one to the right?

DG

Well, if it was possible to select a key point without affecting the time pointer it would be cool.

Currently, if you click on a key point the time pointer will go to the key point time.

It would be cool being able to CTRL+click on a key point to "flag" it as editing element (maybe rendering it differently to ensure users will not get confused about this behavior), and being able to scrub the time pointer while keeping the flagged key point in edit mode. At next click everything is restored as normal.

Cheers! Umberto