WnSoft Forums

Major problem UGH UGH!!

Sandee

Here's the deal. I put the slide show and music together to sync perfectly. Ok, good so far. Tweak it, watch it, tweak it, watch it, tweak it some more then watch it for the last time before burning. Burn to CD. Stick CD back into drive, sit back to watch (the perfectly made) show and much to my dismay, the dang thing isn't sync'd anymore? Whats the problem??? The music stopped about 50 slides short of where it was supposed to!! I'm soooooo ready to pull my hair out!!!

I only adjusted the slide duration (sec and ms) using the "Customize Slide" option, not using the "Customize Synchronization" option. Burned at 4x (slowest I could get from my burner) What other information is needed from me about this problem?

Thanks much!!

Sandy

I only adjusted the slide duration (sec and ms) using the "Customize Slide" option, not using the "Customize Synchronization" option

Here is your problem, Sandy. If you want an exact synchronization, you must use "Customize Slide" option. See this post:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...&st=0#entry8688

If you don't synchronize, you'll have big discrepancies not only when you run your show on other machines, but also playing it from a CD, much slower than the HDD.

AARRRGGG !!!

Alot of us here have had your same experience at one time or another. But those times have since passed ... since Igor implemented Customised Synchronization.

Your problem was using Customize Slide to build the perfectly timed show. Even though your show ( perfectly tweaked) seemed to play reasonably consistant on your own pc ... it still can play inconsistant at different times/days due to your own pc loads and resources used/avail. It all boils down to pc/cpu processor speed ... which fluctuates according to the current use and demand you task at any given sitting. Playing from CD is even more evident due to the basic nature of their much slower read/load speed capabilities.

When Igor finally found a cure for this playing inconsistancy (a few versions ago) ... this magic wonder was named Customized Syncronization to music. Playing from a CD can still promote some minor inconsistant timing ...but in most cases plays reasonably well.

Thanks much for the info!! Here's another question. Do I have to start all over again with a new show? I'm totally not proficient using the Custom Sync! I did try that first, but the slides kept overlapping when I previewed it. Some slides kept repeating for some reason.

Sandee:

Are you using a current version of PTE ?? (4.20 beta 5)

WHen using the Custom Synch in the versions since last fall, there is a gray bar after the start of the transition to show you how long the slide is on screen for.

WIth that visiual you should be able to stop any "overlapping"

Slides repeating sounds to me as though you have transitions on top of each (not enough of a separation between images)

Just my two cents worth

Hi Sandee!

Yes, you will have to redo the show, but it is well worth it!

What you describe as far as overlapping may be because your effect transitions are too long. These show up in the timeline as a horizontal bar sticking out the right hand side of a transition point. If this bar runs into the next transition point, then that is why you get your problems.

Using the timeline will increase consistency, and your music will not run short/long or whatever. However, on a slower machine, you may notice it playing catch-up - it will start and finish in exactly he right place, but some transitions may speed up beacause it took the pc longer to decompress the image etc.

Most (if not all) of the inconsistency is a function of the processor in the pc. I find myself that playing from CD makes very little difference to the speed - after all, we are dealing with tiny file sizes, so the speed of the drive is not an issue here.

Just my 2p - HTH

Mark

You don't necessarily have to redo the whole show, you can go to Projects Options>Main>Customize Synchronisation and open up the Customs Synchronisation box. On the timeline highlight the first of the slides where the grey area is overlapping the next. Then click on the "Customize Slide.." box over to the right and this will open for you to make any alterations for the individual slide which you have selected. That is if you wish to shorten the grey area you reduce the Effect timing.

Alternatively you can drag the offending slides apart on the timeline so as to create a gap between the grey areas.

Ron [uK]

Sandee,

I'm totally not proficient using the Custom Sync!

You might as well jump in and start learning ... dont let such a wonderful feature go to waste if you require its functionality and it serves your purpose. Theres plenty of help here at the forum if more "hair pulling" arises.

Chumba

However, on a slower machine, you may notice it playing catch-up - it will start and finish in exactly he right place, but some transitions may speed up beacause it took the pc longer to decompress the image etc.

This "catch-up" as you call it, is all part of Igors syncronization design ... its his way of compensating for the lag/speed various processors are unable to produce to play the PTE show as designed .