WnSoft Forums

Again on audio synchronization

uuderzo

In my most recent project i faced another issue related to audio synchronization.

I used an AC/DC track (so lots of rithms and strict tempo) and needed to make it shorter. Since i was interested in using both begin and end of the track, i duplicated the clip then performed a cross fade between the clip and its copy. I worked a lot to match the clip tempo and make a good fade, and in design time it sounds as expected.

But when i render all in MP4 Q100 the fade is not the same, the tempo is slightly out of sync and the entire effect is really bad.

Now i solved by performing the cross fade with audacity then exporting a single mp3 audio file.

But there seems to be something wrong with the audio synchronization engine.

Greetings! Umberto

Umberto,

Can you please send me original project file where I can hear this difference between EXE and created HD video file?

What size of all project files?

I suppose i can restore the old project file from the backup and trim all files but the "offending" song (the whole project is about 2Gb size). Will you be able to render everything also without all files?

Is it better if i send files to you through MP?

Thank you. Umberto

Can you reproduce same problem with smaller files? Optimal size of all files - up to 100 MB.

Igor, i could not restore the backup file (i did not backup that modification). Moreover i cannot ZIP archive the project because i'm using multiple files with same name in different folders. I must fix this issue then i'll try to reproduce the original project configuration. I'll try to rescale to minimum size all pictures/videos and see if i can fit it all into 100Mb size.

When ready i'll write into this thread.

Thank you! Umberto

• 1 month later...

Well... this is embarrassing...

Looks like that the auto synch issue is caused by the multimedia reader i'm using to reproduce the movie (Multimedia Player Classic). Playing with the iPad works as expected. It took a bit of time to be discovered...

Looks like that MPC is not so-rock solid as i tought. Or are there some settings to check? I had the issue with a 1024x768x60FPS Quality 100% video. But the same issue happened also with a 30FPS video. Looks like that MPC is sensible to something i don't understand... sometimes it works well, sometimes not. iPad is rock solid instead (using AVPlayerHD By EPlayWorks, great app!)

Maybe i need to update my laptop... or my multimedia player software?

Greetings! Umberto