WnSoft Forums

"Last Tango on Lord Street"

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

The Lord Street in my show is the main street of our town. It dates back to the 1790's when an inn was built there. Why last Tango? I'm always on the hunt for new ideas for my shows & currently there is a comedy drama on TV called Last Tango in Halifax which is very good, also Celebrity Come Dancing is reaching its' climax on TV & we watch every show, & particularly like the skillful Argentinian tango. Following BB's last show about the city, the plan came together & Last Tango in Southport has emerged.

Mechanics. I had intended to get my own images of Lord Street, but the weather has not been condusive to good photography, so they are from the internet. I like to include some video in my shows so I found a suitable clip on Youtube. This was first edited in Videopad as the original clip wouldn't play correctly in PTE 7.07, it was converted to an AVI file, then converted to a negative format then a mono format. Videopad can also create an "Old Movie" style, I tried it & discarded the idea as it would probably induce extreme nausea in my audience. I then selected 4 clips from the 5 minute original, using PTE's converter/editor, one in negative, one mono, and finally a colour clip. I created around 20 PNG images using Elements 10, converted the town images to mono in the same software. I stripped the original music from the clip using Audacity, & edited & extended it to suit the length of the show. Finally blended the whole thing together.

It's a 95MB Mediafire download, 42 slides, 4 video clips, 20+ PNG slides, 16-9 aspect ratio, slide size fixed at 1920x1080, 1 music track. Warning if you are prudish, there are a couple of risky' scenes.

Yachtsman1

link removed by author, PM me if you want the link.

Hi Eric,

Glad to see that you got it all sorted out! Nice job - I liked the mixture of old and new photos and the "tango" was indeed done very well. I appears that both you and Antonio Banderas were thoroughly enjoying this and that's what it's all about!

Congratulations on a job well done!

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

Thanks very much Lin, much appreciated. I tried to curb my natural enthusiasm to get the thing finished on this one & took my time. Pity I couldn't supply the images but my knees wouldn't stand it :(/>/>/> Didn't realise it was Banderas. I've put the show on YouTube for those who don't fancy a 95MB download, it seems to be as good as the exe, could be the fast transitions.

Thanks again Lin.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Looks like it isn't live yet. Will try later.

Guest Yachtsman1

Thanks very much Lin, much appreciated. I tried to curb my natural enthusiasm to get the thing finished on this one & took my time. Pity I couldn't supply the images but my knees wouldn't stand it :(/>/>/>/>/>/>/> Didn't realise it was Banderas. I've put the show on YouTube for those who don't fancy a 95MB download, it seems to be as good as the exe, could be the fast transitions.

Thanks again Lin.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Looks like it isn't live yet. Will try later.

link removed by author, PM me if you want the link.

Yachtsman1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Eric,

I downloaded your show before you deleted the link but when I first played it a series of error messages came up, nothing to do with you, but now I have found a way round it and have re-played your show and found it very entertaining. Isn't the Argentina Tango a very sexy dance? I don't think Lord Street is a very sexy place (you may know different!) but the juxtapositioning was all good fun. I liked the quick transitions and hope to produce something along those lines soon. Shame there were not more comments and suggestions but that seems to be the way the Forum is going at present.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

I downloaded your show before you deleted the link but when I first played it a series of error messages came up, nothing to do with you, but now I have found a way round it and have re-played your show and found it very entertaining. Isn't the Argentina Tango a very sexy dance? I don't think Lord Street is a very sexy place (you may know different!) but the juxtapositioning was all good fun. I liked the quick transitions and hope to produce something along those lines soon. Shame there were not more comments and suggestions but that seems to be the way the Forum is going at present.

Hi Mick

Glad you liked it, had a lot of fun making it. Re comments from the forum, I work on the basis, no news is good news, it had over 70 hits on Youtube with no adverse comments. Only iffy comment came from another forum that said he didn't like the snap transitions. Ah well you can't please them all. Glad you liked the show.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1. ;)/>