WnSoft Forums

Blu-Ray

My #1 Suggestion would be to make picstoexe compatible with Blu-Ray and Blu-Ray burners. Most of my clients who purchase slideshows from us are now using Blu-Ray format. I mean i can have the program create an .iso file and use imageburn to create the disk but it would be nice and much easier to have the burning feature within the program.

IGOR said a short while ago that he pays extra for the existing burner licensing - so everybody that buys the deluxe version costs him money

now would you be willing to pay extra for a blu ray license?

until they get the price down for the blanks it is a no go

when was the last time you bought a blu ray movie?

i echo Dave's feelings

ken

• 4 weeks later...

IGOR said a short while ago that he pays extra for the existing burner licensing - so everybody that buys the deluxe version costs him money

now would you be willing to pay extra for a blu ray license?

until they get the price down for the blanks it is a no go

when was the last time you bought a blu ray movie?

i echo Dave's feelings

ken

I buy Blu-ray movies quite frequently whenever i buy a new movie i buy the blu-ray combo that also contains the dvd and the digital copy. I would be more then willing to pay for the blu-ray addition if it were available as my customers the purchase the disks that i create and they only have blu-ray players. this is now becoming more then 50% of my customer base. this is just a suggestion

"I mean i can have the program create an .iso file and use imageburn to create the disk" - I don't think PTE supports this if you want to burn the .iso to Blu-ray disk in HD (as opposed to DVD) format. If it does then I'm missing something and I'd like to learn how you do it.

The sad news, in my opinion, about HD video trends is that the average consumer (at least in the western world) has been fooled into believing that Blu-ray quality video is now available, streaming, online, on-demand and in real-time, over the Internet via services such as NetFlix, iTunes, YouTube etc. It isn't! Not unless you're one of those rare people who has a state-of-the-art Internet connection.

PTE does support Blu-ray (and, since version 7.5, cinema-standard 4K) resolution if you use 3rd party post-production software.

I may be wrong but I think most users of PTE today don't need it to support direct burning to Blu-ray in HD format or if they do - then like me - they use 3rd party post-production software.

Ray