WnSoft Forums

ABANDONED

Bert

I loved this show - it's a keeper. :)

HDR is perfect for these types of shots - great job.

Greg Gordon

Hello,

I enjoyed your show and the HDR was just the right amount. Everything flowed very nicely.

As Ken mentioned it was somewhat surprising to see the motors and copper tubing given that Detroit had it's freeways go dark because of the crooks out there. I also did not expect to see so much steel there as I would have thought that when they closed they would have brought in a salvage operation.

Steven

Greg, Ken, Antony and Steven,

Thanks for your comments. As I understand it, the most production machinery was removed when the factory closed and what was left was the power station. Why not more was removed or stolen I don't know, the reason might be that it has a fence around it. (I had to sneak in to get inside).

Bert

Hello Bert,

I really like this show, my opinion matches that of Steven re the HDR. I also liked the silence as Antbrewer mentioned and Its something I will use in the future.

There is something about photographing Decay/Abandonment, it really creates atmosphere and Ive enjoyed BB's shows also which cover this area. Hopefully the inspiration to photograph this subject will stay with me as Id love to give it a go one day soon, so thank you for that also.

Great photo's Bert, thank you for posting as ever

regards

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your comments, I agree with you that photographing decay has an appeal. I think it has something to do with trying to make images of the feeling of time.

Regards,

Bert