WnSoft Forums

Changing slide behind scrolling text

Photo99

Hi Joanne,

There are more than two ways to do this. I'll cover two of them. One is easy and the other more difficult.

Because PTE is a "slide" show program, actions are keyed to a single slide. So "text" can't really be shared among numerous slides in the slide list. In order to do this the first way, you must put the slides which you wish to appear behind the text in separate layers as "objects" and keyframe them in using opacity.

The way you would proceed is to set the opacity for all except the first slide to zero then your "second" keyframe would "hold" the 100% opacity of the first slide until you wanted it to fade out. The third keyframe would set opacity on the main slide to zero and the next slide in the objects list's "second" keyframe (remember the first is set to zero) would hold the zero opacity while the third keyframe would determine the timing for fade in of the second slide. This sequencing would continue for as many slides as necessary to complete the scrolling of the text. The "slide" time would have to be sufficient for the fade-in, fade-out, fade-in, fade-out sequence of all slides. As you might assume, this is a bit complex. It's not "difficult," just will take some time to do.

Now let's look at the "easy" way to accomplish the first goal.

First determine how long you need for the text to scroll. Then determine how many slides you want to display and divide the time equally among them. For the time being, forget the text. Next create a simple show with the number of slides you want sequencing and the transitions you want to use between slides and create an HD "video" with PTE and export this brief "sllideshow" as an MP4 h.264 video.

Next insert the video as the "slide" in your slideshow (let PTE convert it and insert the converted video). Next scroll the text while the video plays. This is the easiest and most efficient way to do what you have described.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin just what I needed.

Hope I am not pushing the friendship but a follow-up question if I may--

Is it possible to have the scrolling text fade in at the bottom and fade out at the top of the background slide. I think this would look better than just coming in from the edge of the slide.

I am thinking of using a frame around the images in the show and don't want the text scrolling over the frame.

Thanks again for your wonderful help. :)

Joanne

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Joanne

I made a demo relating to a similar subject last year, it's on Youtube & not very good quality, take a look & it may point you further down the track

Yachtsman1.

PM me for link.

Thanks Lin just what I needed.

Hope I am not pushing the friendship but a follow-up question if I may--

Is it possible to have the scrolling text fade in at the bottom and fade out at the top of the background slide. I think this would look better than just coming in from the edge of the slide.

I am thinking of using a frame around the images in the show and don't want the text scrolling over the frame.

Thanks again for your wonderful help. smile.gif

Joanne

Using "graduated mask" to contain the text would achieve this - Lin might have other ideas?

DG

P.S. Using a "PNG Frame" would also help. You can order your objects from front to back: Frame; Text; Image.

Hi Joanne,

I think David's suggestion would be the way I would proceed. Create a mask in PTE or a PNG mask in Photoshop with a "feathered" top and/or bottom and the text will softly "appear" and disappear at the point of the feather.

If you want to do it quickly, just put your text in a mask in PTE. Make the mask with a decent edge radius and drag the right and left side slightly beyond your image borders by holding down the shift key while dragging each side. This will give you a very soft entry and exit of the text and prevent disturbing the frame around your images and by dragging the sides beyond the periphery of the image the softening will not affect the text on the right or left should it be wide enough to be close to the edges of the images..

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Eric,

No one can see your video because it's "Private." If you want people to be able to see it from your link but not make it "Public," then change it to "Unlisted."

Lin

Hi Joanne

I made a demo relating to a similar subject last year, it's on Youtube & not very good quality, take a look & it may point you further down the track

Yachtsman1.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zrl1Mj0Rpw8

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Lin

I re-listed all my shows as public apart from this one due to third party content, If anyone wants to have the link it looks like they still need to PM me.

I assumed because the YouTube picture shows on my post it could be run from that, obviously it can't.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.