WnSoft Forums

making presentation pause at a given slide until user presses button

1) I would like my presentation to stop at a given slide, where I have defined a button with action 'next slide'. I do not want the presentation to go forward until the user presses the button.

How can I do this? I am able to get the presentation to stop at the slide by customizing the slide and selecting either 'loop this slide' or 'wait for a keypress to show next slide'

But both of these options still allow the presentation to go forward to the next slide if the user presses the keyboard key.

Is there a way to force the user to press my online button to move forward?

I know I can set the project options/control tab to uncheck 'permit control of show using keyboard'.

But this still allows the show to move forward (after it has stopped on the slide with the button) if the user presses the right arrow key.

2) similarly, I want to have the first slide in my presentation as instructions to the person watching it, with some buttons on that page. And I don't want the presentation to move forward until the user presses an online button (no action if they press a keyboard key).

The only way I've found to do this is to create a separate, one slide presentation with the buttons, and set the project options "when show ends keep last slide in show on screen".

Now if the user presses a keyboard key, it does not move forward to the next slide (because there is no next slide).

But this is not an elegant solution. Plus it means that I need to distribute to the audience to be exceed files instead of just one.

Is there a better approach I should be using?

sds,

There is a way to acomplish your force effect by making the Sldie Duration a super high value ... something like 50,000 sec (equals about 14 hr.)

Also make your Project Options - Conrol settings as seen in image attachment.

post-45-0-27541900-1362416693_thumb.jpg

... There is a way to acomplish your force effect by making the Sldie Duration a super high value ...

IMO this cannot be regarded as a solution, it is a workaround. It would be fine to have user defined stop points (as two well know competitors have them). All in all, the support for shows with partial live comment is not sufficient, see also here.

Regards,

Xaver