WnSoft Forums

Speaker Support

xahu34

It would be fine if PTE would provide speaker support as it is offered by the well-known German/Austrian competitors.

First, it would be fine if we could declare audio clips as synchronous or asynchronous, independently. So in cases when the show is stopped (because of a speaker wants to make a live comment) an asynchronous clip would go on playing (e.g. as background for the live comment). With the present tools (e.g. envelope) it would be easy to program a crossfade from the synchronous audio to the asynchronous audio just before the time point when the show is to be stopped. As the speaker's time cannot be predicted we need a mechanism for the crossfade back to the synchronous audio at the unpredictable point of time when the speaker has finished and has re-started the show.

It may also be fine if we could place stop points anywhere on the timeline, and if asynchronous clips could run in a loop.

Regards,

Xaver

... We hope to add asynchronous playback of a choosed track.

This will not be sufficient. For an asynchronous clip we need a "synchronous" (fixed) time interval. Only inside this interval the asynchronous clip will play (typically in a loop), regardless if the show is running or if the show pauses. At the start and at the end of this interval it should be possible to program fades for the asynchronous clip. This will allow us to define precise crossfades between the synchronous and the asynchronous parts, independent from length of stops during the said time interval.

Regards,

Xaver

Xaver,

See the attachments below, I have made a Model of this ~ Is this what you are suggesting ? ~ If so I can see real technical problems in

trying to impliment this feature in Mp3-format (most popular sound format) ~ The problem is trying to preserve the integrity of the Mp3-Tags

within the Voice-Over (Backing-track) and dropping back into the Main-Sound-Track in such a synchronised way as not to 'clip' the Tags

within that Track.

Yes, in a Recording-Studio its not a problem as there is always a highly accurate (silent) 'Master-Sync-Tone' much like the Dolby-19.kHz

Pilot-Tone used in "Dolby-AB.Noise-Reduction Systems".

In PTE it could possibly be done by jumping out of the Main-Program into an external 'Sound-Exe-File' but the problem would be returning

to the Main-Program and picking up onto the next whole Mp3-Tab. If any Tag within an Mp3-File is 'corrupted' or damaged in any way the

Sound-Track simply freezes. We also have the problem where 'sets' of Tag's are assigned to the Left & Right Stereo Channels respectively.

Its not an easy one to crack !!

Brian (Conflow)

post-1416-0-77402600-1361066838_thumb.gi post-1416-0-82378000-1361066892_thumb.gi post-1416-0-37763700-1361067981_thumb.gi

Repeated-Tag-b00000.mp3

Brian,

I do not want to discuss technical details here. The feature that I described has been adopted from m.objects (Wings Platinum offers something similar). It is used by professionals (like Michael Martin) who run their shows semi-manual, part runs synchronous, part runs asynchronous (show stops while the speaker makes a live comment (length unpredictable) with the asynchronous music in the background). For this application you need asynchronous music with synchronized crossfade sections.

Regards,

Xaver

Xaver,

You wrote...."Show stops while the speaker makes a live comment (length unpredictable) with the asynchronous music in the background).

For this application you need asynchronous music with synchronized crossfade sections"....

Thats exactly what I had shown in the Analog-Model in my #4 Post above ~ I thought it might be of interest to you and others to show exactly

what's involved......I shall leave it at that and hopefully Igor may have a look at the suggestions.

Regards,

Brian.