WnSoft Forums

Problem with V.20 beta 6

starfish

Hi,

I've been working on some fractal animation slide shows, and had them working beautifully in v. 12. When I downloaded and installed the new beta, the same shows did not run properly. The animations slowed down to a crawl. When I reinstalled the earlier version, they worked properly again.

:huh:

Sharon

Fractal Images by Sharon Webb

The problem may occur only with "Hot blocks" ("Mosaic") effect, because we didn't optimize this effect for old PCs yet. The next beta will contain absolutely similar code (speed of performance) for this effect as in previous versions.

Please tell me about configuration of your PC and what transition effects you have used and more details.

Igor,

I am not using any transitions. I have set each slide (100 of them) to a few ms and am allowing the slide show to cycle continuously while an MP3 music file plays. I would like to be able to time the show to run x number of cycles, but PTE does not allow for that as yet, so the user must press ESC to end it.

I am running an AMD Athlon 1700+ machine under Win 2000. I have 1 GB of memory and plenty of disk space. As my first letter indicated, these shows run fine under the previous build of PTE, but slow down drastically in the current build.

Thanks.

Sharon

Dear Sharon,

I need additional info to solve this problem:

1) As I understood, all worked fast on v4.12. What about current official v4.14?

2) The problem came with v4.20 beta #6 only or it was with previous beta issues, too?

3) What size of picture and what screen resolution?

4) If all worked fine with v4.12 or v4.14, please couldn't you send me two .exe files which can illustrate this difference in speed? (Up to 4 Mb, please. I just sent you email.)

Igor,

Thanks. The shows work well with V. 4.12. I did not install V. 4.14, but went directly to V. 4.20, where the animations became extremely sluggish. I reinstalled 4.12 and no problem.

The pictures are 800x600 and show full screen. My screen resolution is 1024 x 768.

I can send you .exe or .pte files, but they are larger than your limit of 4 MB. I would have to remove the MP3 files from them in order to bring them down to your required size.

I did not save my files as .exe in V. 4.20, because of the way they displayed as .pte files.

Sharon

Igor,

I think I have found the problem. :-) I did not realize that V. 4.12 had added and selected advanced hour hand settings to my show, because they did not show up until I scrolled the page. When I disabled these, the shows work properly. I don't know why the pre-saved settings I had for my show didn't carry over to the newest version.

Thanks for your interest.

Sharon ;)

Oh, you are right! I ought to don't include "Advanced hour hand" effect for *previously created* projects, only when author starts new project.

Thanks, I just fixed this moment and new effects will not appear in existed projects by default. (Of course, author can visit Project options and add any new effect which he would like to see in his earlier presentations)