WnSoft Forums

Fremantle Prison

colin hill

Hi all,

An interesting visit was made to the Fremantle Prison on my 2nd trip to Fremantle.

The first convicts were made to build their own prison. From 1855 to 1991, 350,000 people were incarcerated here.

The highest numbers held at any one time were 1,200 men and 58 women. Of those, 43 men and one woman were executed on sight.

The last to be executed was serial killer Eric Edgar Coole in 1964.

Our tour took us to all parts of the prison and the exercise yards, including the execution room and cells where those who were

to be hung spent their last hours.

I need to mention that the music I have chosen is not of a jolly nature. The theme is that of horror and may not be to everybody's taste.

You can be the judge and executioner!!!!! :D

Any comments will be welcome!

http://www.mediafire.com/?8jwqoab3lrusnnm

Good one Colin!! A spooky place indeed, do you mean that 43 men and one woman were executed on that site, or "on sight" without a trial? Just asking - LOL.

I think if I were involved in building that place, I would have looked for a way to perhaps build in an escape route. Maybe instead of mortar between some of the stones, maybe just a thin half inch or so on each side around the edges an set some stones on pebbles so it would be possible to knock a hole through the wall with a little work at night. Terrible place to have to spend a long time incarcerated for sure!! The music was very fitting to the theme!

Thanks,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Colin

Watched the show, what killed the implied spectre for me was the blazing blue skies & the colours of the interior shots. If it had been me I would have converted the images to mono or sepia, added some dark clouds & maybe added some grain. Also I would add a few snap transitions to coincide with the musical crescendos, in particular at the death house shots. One other thing I would have cloned out the general public where they appeared in the distance in a couple of the shots. The music was a good find from Kevin's collection.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

PS I would have probably added a voice over relating the facts about the place.

Hi all,

An interesting visit was made to the Fremantle Prison on my 2nd trip to Fremantle....

===================================

Greetings,

Nice show and interesting. My only comment is that I wished you had said where the Prison is located. I had to use Google to figure it out. I have seen other shows by others who do not provide more precise location info in the show and that is a big question that makes the viewer, at least me, wonder why it was not stated in the show. Other than that, very informative and well done.

Thanks...

Gary

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Lin: All were hung in that tiny room. It was creepy seeing the tiny cell that they were held in prior to hanging.

Did look for possible escape routes, but no chance of that.

Eric: You make some good points. I like the idea of converting to mono or sepia.

Gary: Your location of the subject is noted. One could I suppose attach a map of the location with the description of the AV in the post.

Colin