WnSoft Forums

Should I remove old P2E programs - 7.5.6 will not load

dbolt

Thanks, Ken. I exported the p2e key and the Wnsoft key (I also have video builder). P2E key referenced v 6.5, even though I've been using p2e before 6.5. don't understand that, but lots of things I don't understand about the registry.

So, is it now save to uninstall all p2e programs with add/remove and then reinstall v 7.5.6? I assume I will loose reference to all previous pte shows. Right?

Doug

see

http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/index.asp?categoryid=2&view=View

for Stu's utilites

would suggest you do backup of registry before you get playing there B)/>/>

ken

Thanks, Ken. Stu's KeyCopy made the same .reg files that I just did by hand. But, never hurts to make sure.

I gotta go now, but may get back in time to uninstall all p2e. However, I'll wait on your assessment of that plan before I do.

Doug

see

http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/index.asp?categoryid=2&view=View

for Stu's utilites

would suggest you do backup of registry before you get playing there B)/>/>

ken

Actually, a beer was on my list of things to do before I return.

i have never uninstalled since my initial install many moons ago

so

you are on your own

i'll have a beer and hope you get thru the ordeal :blink:/>/>

ken

Douglas Bolt,

Stu's KeyCopy made the same .reg files that I just did by hand. But, never hurts to make sure

Just a note to you and other users of KeyCopy v1 :

Please be aware that KeyCopy does not retrieve the latest new style registration keys (25 Character type) that were initiated/released by Igor since PTE v7 builds. KeyCopy was built in July 2009 to retrive the PTE Key (Standard Lifetime type) and the VideoBuilder (2yr Upgrade Type) and doesnot search for the latest Deluxe Only version (25 Character type) that is currently available (first issued begining around September 2011.)

Licensing and Upgrades - WnSoft Forums

You can however manually find the latest Deluxe Only version (25 Character type) in the Windows Registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WnSoft\Keys

* In the coming months I plan to rebuild KeyCopy to also obtain/include the Deluxe Only version (25 Character type). Nobody has been complaining yet ... so I figured I could wait to rebuild.