WnSoft Forums

Laptop External Sound Card

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Our local AV group finally met last night for the first time this year. One of the subjects discussed was external usb sound cards. The company marketing the one I saw is a US firm called Star Tech. Had a look at their site this morning & found it contained a wealth of goodies for the AV producer. For UK users, their products are marketed through Amazon UK. The US price for the card I looked at was $27, the same thing on Amazon £15, so none of the usual exchange rate blow up. I didn't see or hear it in operation, but it seems a substantial piece of kit & does away with using the usually inferior laptop sound card. The only thing I didn't like was the 3.5 female jack output, maybe soon they will bring out a USB to USB version.

http://intrl.startech.com/Cards-Adapters/Sound/USB-Audio/USB-2-Audio-Adapter-Virtual-7-channel-sound~ICUSBAUDIO7

Incidentally, when I looked on Amazon UK, using the model of the Star Tech unit in the search box, it brought up loads of alternatives.

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric

I've been using one of these for about 18 months now, and can't fault it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-UCA202-U-Control-low-latency-Interface/dp/B000KW2YEI

Geoff

Hi Jeff, had mine 5 + years, in fact it may be my second, think I gave the first one to one of my pupils. The one I saw last night was an amplifier, ours is just a filter, or it was when I bought it.

Regards Eric.

Yachtsman1.