WnSoft Forums

how to have multiple pics on screen at once?

mcarthur

I've seen some beautiful slideshows from people here, and I'm wondering how to do one thing: I'd like to have two or more images on the screen at once, perhaps one of the left, staying put while another is shown on the right perhaps slightly overlaid, then the left dissolves and another takes it's place overlaying the old one on the right, etc. Is this possible? Have I just not RTFM properly ;) ?

Hello mcarthur,

Many experts on this forum can give a much better answer than I can. One simple way to do what you are asking is to begin by placing one or more images in your PTE presentation workspace. Now highlight one of the images in the workspace and click the Object Editor button from PTEs main menu. Your slide will be displayed. While viewing this image look up in the left-hand corner and click on the Picture button and browse your hard drive for another image you want in your show. Select it and it will be copied onto the same slide area as your first image. Click on this new image and drag it wherever you wish. Go back and select a different picture from PTE's main menu area and follow the same steps as before. You can move images around or by using some of the transitions. You can make them fade. slide and do many other things.

Hope this helps some. I'm certain there will be better answers heading your way soon.

Bill :D

Thanks Bill! I'm afraid, though, that I don't quite understand. I'll give a precise example: let's say I have 6 images in my show. I'd like the first one to be on 2/3rds of the screen pushed against the lefthandside and there for 6 seconds. I'd like a second picture, also 2/3rds of the screen in size, to come on after 3 seconds and be hard right (thus overlaying the existing one for the middle 1/3rd - the first shouldn't show through the overlay [although sometimes I'd like it to - is it possible to have it partially opaque sometimes?]). 5 seconds from the start, I'd like the first to fade out (a quick 1s) and another to fade in, 2/3rds size, overlaying the second image. etc.

Can you assist me in having this happen in PTE?

Thanks very much,

Robert

Robert, it sounds like you need to be using PShop and layers to create this effect (IMO). I would. Create the 1st slide with the first image (in Photoshop layer 1) Save as slide 1 - same file, open 2nd image and drag in to the first image, move it to where the final placement would be. Save as slide 2. Repeat until you get all 6 images where you want, save as each time. Now, once all 6 slides are done, use the slide in from the left transition to give the illusion of the 2nd slide fading out opacity. Adjust the times on each to taste.

Try that. Is that what you are thinking ?

Paul

Hello mcarthur

Your query has been answered in a previous thread. Have a look at "Need help ....." started by Inelson on January 21 - quite recent. Good luck.

Ron [uK]

Please email me at cottage@beechbrook.com.  I've made you a demo showing how this is accomplished within PTE.

Hi Bill

- would it be impertinent to ask if we could all benefit from this wisdom?

John :)