WnSoft Forums

Removing Slides from Slide List

gogs

Hi

I have not really noticed this before but there appears to be an inconsistency between the slide view and timeline view when removing or deleting slides.

As an example if you have say 4 slides each with a time of 10 seconds (In this example no transitions although the same thing happens with or without transitions).

In the slide view remove a slide using the X button on the bottom toolbar, say slide 2, and you are left with 3 slides each of 10 seconds a thirty second slide show.

However switch to the timeline view and do the same thing and slide 1 becomes 20 seconds with the other 2 at 10 seconds each, a 40 second slide show.

I have checked this back and the same thing happens in versions 6.5 and 7. I know that all the remaining slides could be collectively repositioned to the left by ten seconds to match up again but I am wondering if there is a logical reason for the way this happens. I don't recall having seen a discussion topic on it previously.

Would be grateful if anyone can shed some light on it.

Gogs

Hi Gogs,

Try thinking along these lines: in the Slide List you are deleting "the Slide", in the Timeline you are deleting "the Time Point"; and if you delete the Time Point the associated image has to be removed as well.

I always switch to the Slide List to delete slides. I usually switch to the Slide List to add slides to a sequence but sometimes I will add a slide directly in the Timeline because I am wanting to shorten a long-running slide by introducing an extra image.

regards,

Peter

Hi Xaver and Peter, thanks for helping clarify that. I must have come across this before as I have made a number of slideshows bith inserting and deleting slides but don't recall having noticed the effect when deleting from the timeline. I must just have been fortunate in deleting from the slide list or else must have just rearranged things on the time line without taking much notice. It only came about this time when doing a tutorial for a friend who has just got P2E and I was kind of stumped for an answer as to why this was happening. So thanks again for your help.

Gogs