WnSoft Forums

LOS ANGELES

Hi John,

I enjoyed your presentation very much! Having grown up about nine miles from Los Angeles, it brought back many happy memories. Other than the pronunciation of a couple words and some low resolution images which began the presentation I could find nothing to complain about!! Nice job.

Elysian Park is pronounced ( L LEE Shun) and check the origin of early settlers were from Sonora (Sone Aura) and Sinaloa (Seen ahh Low ahh) Mexico...

Thanks for a great presentation,

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin.

It's good to hear you say this show brought back happy memories.

We enjoyed our visit there very much and it was later at home, when i started to read the history that i deceided to attempt this as a project.

Because i had not been able to find some good quality images for the first part, i ended up "cheating" in order for me to tell the story.

Pronunciations i did fear would let me down and thanks Lin for explaining these to me.

Thanks again Lin

John

Hi John,

You would have had a good laugh at my pronunciation of places in the U.K. on my first visit!

It's always difficult because even "correct" pronunciations are often violated at local levels on a frequent basis. Here in Colorado, Spanish words for even the names of major cities are often wrong by tradition. For example, the town of Pueblo, Colorado (Pueblo being a Spanish word and correctly pronounced Pweb Lo) is "never" pronounced that way by people who live there. The local pronunciation is "Pee ebb lo" and if you pronounce it the "correct" way, people there immediately know: You're not from around here, are you??? LOL

Best regards,

Lin