WnSoft Forums

Preview mode

Ray Groome

Hi Ray,

That is still the way to do it, as far as I know. I presume it isn't working for you. Can we first be certain: what exactly do you mean by "Preview mode"? How did you initiate it? What version of PTE are you using? What operating system are you using?

regards,

Peter

Peter.

I am using the latest version 7.5.9 with Windows 7. If I press the Preview button in the Main screen or in Objects and Animation screen the slide show commences from the beginning but does not jump back to the main screen on pressing Esc. The only way out for me is to press the End key and wait for the Main screen to appear- strange!

Are you sure your Esc key is not broken in the keyboard? What have you got set in Project Options > Main > Show Settings and in Project Options > Control > Keyboard? I'm still on 7.5.8 and the Esc works OK in that version on my Win 7 system.

regards,

Peter

Peter,

Thanks for that.

Yes, I can now see that if I go to Project Options/Main/Show Settings and change from 'Close show after last slide' to 'Repeat show until Esc key is pressed', I can get the Esc key operate, but I did not really want the show to repeat by default.

In Project Options/ Control I have 'Permit control of show using keyboard' ticked.

But note that if I go to Project Options/Mouse and activate 'exit' for the Left mouse button, I can jump from Preview to the Main screen using the mouse. Not a keyboard solution, but I can live with that!