WnSoft Forums

problem with black transparent gif

cici

Hi to all

I’ve a problem with black transparent gif: as objects in PTE (projects as well as exe) almost the time I can not see them.

This happens when connected to Internet; when disconnected, generally I can see them. I insist on ‘’generally’’: it has happened that though connected to Internet, I could see them and vice versa.

I’ve been trying to understand why for a long time without any result. I need your help. Is it a bug or just problem of my machine and why?

You can download herea zip file consisting of an original gif and an exe file: one white pixel picture, white background + 2 gifs as objects. If you see the word ‘’fin’ and the black silhouette of a boat: all is OK; if you see the word ‘’fin’’ and a frame with some green points, you’re experiencing a problem too.

I thank you in advance for testing.

Sam

If you see the word ‘’fin’ and the black silhouette of a boat

I show the word " fin " a lot of black pixels nothing appearing as a boat?.

if you see the word ‘’fin’’ and a frame with some green points, you’re experiencing a problem too.

Inside the frame I show a slight green rectangle outline.

Sam please check your mail - I will be happy to send you some screen shots.

Sam please check your mail - I will be happy to send you some screen shots.

Hi Ralph,

I'm happy to recezive your screen shots

Inside the frame I show a slight green rectangle outline.

It looks like you have the same problem. Anyway you can check the right image in the frame here

Sam,

All looks correct and OK here to.

When you say you see green points ... do you see these in the 4 corners of the image ?

One possible cause of this could be ( if its in the corners), your IExplorer settings may have the Show Image Placeholders enabled. Check your Tools>Advanced Options> Multimedia checkboxes.

Ralph

thank you for the screen shots.

What yous see is just what I see. What you see in PS or Elements is quite normal: these transparent gifs don't work with them, and I don't know any software they work with. But they work as objects in PTE.

Do you see the same image when disconnected from Internet?

Sam

Do you see the same image when disconnected from Internet?

We have a cable connection here. But either way with a program connected to the net or without.

I view the .gif the same way as screen shots sent to you.

Maybe Igor can answer your question if you send him your .exe file along with Browser screen shot, showing the difference.

Sam

OK with me. Sorry I cannot add any suggestions.

Ron [uK]