WnSoft Forums

transition between video clips

rossb

Hi there, I am a relatively new user of PTE and more and more am using video clips in my shows. At the moment, what I get is that the first clip of a pair will play all right until the beginning of the next clip at which point the motion on the first video stops/freezes then fades out as the next clip fades in. This is annoying!! Can anyone tell me how the fade in can be set up so that the motion of both the clips plays simultaneously for the duration of the overlap?

Thanks for your help.

Use "Keep Full Slide Duration".

You will find it in Settings/Preferences.

Then add your videos to the Slide Line.

Each slide will then be the duration of the video clip with the transition time that you have set in Project Options.

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi there, I am a relatively new user of PTE and more and more am using video clips in my shows. At the moment, what I get is that the first clip of a pair will play all right until the beginning of the next clip at which point the motion on the first video stops/freezes then fades out as the next clip fades in. This is annoying!! Can anyone tell me how the fade in can be set up so that the motion of both the clips plays simultaneously for the duration of the overlap?

Thanks for your help.

If you check my posts, there is a tutorial in there on this very subject. ;)/>

Yachtsman1.

Thanks you both for your quick replies.

Yachtsman1 - thanks for referring me to your tutorial. This solved my problem.

Dave - I have PTE 7.0.7 and this apparently doesn't support 'Keep Full Slide Duration' - it is not one of the options under View/Advanced Options. Is this something added to a recent upgrade?

Thanks again

Ross

Dave

Is that a question or a statement? There is a question mark at the end of the sentence which alters the meaning. PTE is the best slide show/virtual editing software I have tried and I love it but I generally don't struggle to keep up with all the new versions.

Guest Yachtsman1

In my opinion, that's just an opinion, I'm still on 7.07 as I prefer it. Similar to W8, I use W7. If it ain't broke why fix it?

Yachtsman1. :P/>

Guest Yachtsman1

Does that argument also apply to Audacity?

DG

It's not an argument, it's a statement. No it doesn't apply to Audacity as they very rarely up-date, & not for every thing that come along.

Yachtsman1.

Eric

Igor is continually taking suggestions from members as well as from his team -- the ultimate goal is to maintain it as the F1 of slide shows

I update every time an update is issued -- there is no way i can use all the new features but at least i am aware of the changes.

Everytime you say "not broke why fix" is an insult to the people who are trying their best to maintain it's position.

ken B)/>

Hi Eric,

There are two ways to look at this. The first is that a particular version has everything you care about using - so no need to keep up with the latest changes and such because you are quite content with what you have and it serves your purposes.

There's nothing wrong with that logic, except that when something new does come along that one might like (like video support, for example) and they decide to update their version, their learning curve is steep and complex because many "other" things have changed as well with various versions separating what one presently uses and the one needed for the new feature(s).

Then, it gets a bit more convoluted. The person who has missed all the intermediate changes then has many, many questions which need to be answered. Their first recourse is then to read the manual, but manuals and user guides are virtually "never" completely thorough enough that they can substitute for practical "experience" with using the newer features. This is somewhat analogous to the new purchaser who first buys the product and is somewhat lost about how to do the things they have seen done.

To solve this issue, the PTE forums have been, in my opinion, a godsend. When the developers and users come from many different countries with differing languages, cultures, etc., it is doubly difficult to convey subtleties in use via the user guide, so members who use the features daily fill in the gaps and help keep things running smoothly. As more and more new users are drawn to this great product, this task becomes more time consuming for those who help with tutorials and advice.

Then comes the issue of users who have been using PTE for many years, but have not kept up with changes. They too are unfamiliar with new terms, interfaces, menu choices, positions and such and they also need lots of "hand-holding" to get on track. But they are even more difficult to help because unlike the new customer who had never used PTE and never formed use "habits," the "experienced" user - one experienced with different versions, has to "unlearn" much of what they are already familiar with. This makes the task of those supporting the learning process even more taxing.

Eric, you say your are "still on 7.07 as you prefer it," but how do you logically "know" you prefer it when you haven't used the multiple versions above it? I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with staying with version 7.07, but there have been "many" features added and numerous changes which are all beneficial for the user which you "might" find very useful. It's difficult to give useful "advice" to someone who asks about upgrading and say that when someone says it's a good idea that this is only an "opinion." Of course it is an "opinion," but it's an opinion based on "experience," and therefore perhaps a more useful opinion to the petitioner than one from a user who has not worked with the new versions and new features. Don't you think that is a logical assumption?

Spreading the learning curve over multiple upgrades rather than trying to absorb all the changes in one large "gulp" might be a useful strategy. Just saying.....

Best regards,

Lin

In my opinion, that's just an opinion, I'm still on 7.07 as I prefer it. Similar to W8, I use W7. If it ain't broke why fix it?

Yachtsman1. tongue.gif/>

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Lin

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I haven't done much photography yet this year, in fact Sunday was my first attempt to put a show together with a few shots taken at our Grandaughters engagement party the night before. I must admit I certainly struggled remembering what I had learned about 7.07 producing over 30 shows or more last year. In fact last year was my most advanced IMO. So, do I want to bother re-learning the changes since 7.07, not really, I've got a major project on at the moment outside AV, in fact I didn't even go to the last meeting of the AV club I attend last week as I was too busy. I still visit the forum every day & help where I can, but at the moment I'm happy to continue as I am.

Regards Eric.

Yachtsman1. ;)/>