WnSoft Forums

Background Image Opacity Control

One thing which might be quite useful is to add "opacity" to the background image feature. Some time ago, as I remember, when a background image was universally applied to a slideshow, the image actually "appeared" in the Objects List and could be manipulated for each slide. With the later versions the ability to add a universal background image does not result in it being visible on a layer in the Objects list any longer.

There are, of course, advantages and disadvantages to doing it this new way - perhaps more advantages than not, but it would really be nice if the "opacity" of the background image could be adjusted universally. By adding this capability to the Screen Tab, then background images could be made less "dramatic" right in PTE without having to manipulate them in Photoshop or other image editor.

I believe that more frequently than not, a user might want a somewhat muted background rather than a normal image. Generally, when I use an image as a background and place it as a layer on the Objects list, I apply some transparency to tone it down and often add a pure white layer beneath.

Actually, what would be perfect would be the ability to not only be able to adjust the "opacity" of the background image, but to be able to have "2" background images placed on separate layers and be able to adjust opacity for each. This would, for example, allow the user to use a pure "white" background on the lower layer and by adjusting its opacity, make a very pleasing combination with the image above. What I sometimes do now is to "mix" two images in PTE this way and screen capture the result to use as a background image. But how nice would it be to be able to do this all right in PTE?

Lin

Hi Xaver,

Yes, it could be considered such - but in this case a static change rather than dynamic changes via bridging keyframes. From a programming perspective perhaps the mixing done in the Screens tab then distributed across all slides just as the current background, gradient background or image.

There are lots of possibilities and it isn't a major thing, but would add some utility, I think.

Best regards,

Lin