WnSoft Forums

Music

claire

Hi there,

I want to add some music at the beginning of my show...which isn't a problem....

BUT I want it to last for about 1 minute - showing about 6 intro slides - and then fading it out quickly (on a certain beat) for another piece of music to start alongside the actual images. Can you please tell me how I can do this??????????

I can't work out the music syncro because when I try to use it I just get stuck on 1 slide :( ??????

Can you enlighten me please............

Hi Clare,

I assume that when you say to add music to the start is no problem that you are using sound editing software. If so, then the best way to get your result is to mix the pieces as neded into one mp3 and use this as your show music.

As for gettong stuck on one slide, have you added all your slides to the timeline? What I do is use the "add timed teansitions" this sets out the slides at equal distance along the time line, you then can drag them to where you want them on the time line.

Hope this helps you get going,

Regards,

Alan

As Alan said, the best/easiest way to do this is to edit everything into 1 sound file. When you say you "want it to last for about 1 minute" does that mean that it _does_ last for about 1 minute? If not you'll have to either edit it down to the length you want it, or "pad" it with silence to last longer. There is currently no way to insert silence in a show - the silence must be in the soundtrack (or you must use files

that contain only silence if using multiple sound files).

I always finalize my soundtrack before beginning the synchronization by adding transitions to the timeline. I've found it is a real pain to go back later and re-synchronize everything after even the smallest change to the soundtrack.

Ray

Hi,

Yes, Alan I am using MP3 files but I don't know how to mix my tracks into one track....perhaps you could enlighten me?????

I want the first track to fade away, so it sounds like it's about to stop, how could I do this???

Also, with regards to the timeline, I didn't realise that ALL the slides needed to be included into the timeline....I shall try that next, probably where I was going wrong.

Thanks

Hi Claire

You will really need to invest in a music editing software like Cool Edit or some such alternative............it is mind boggling at first glance but there are enough guys here to walk you/talk you through it......and what you are seeking to do is simple enough when you have the right software...................(or there again you could attend one of my workshops! ;) )

I don't know how experienced you are at this lark and some of the jargon on the technical threads can leave one a bit lost at times, but if you have a problem, then please return and ask or email one of us directly......don't be afraid to ask!

Have fun!

The Image Suite

Hi Claire,

As the image suit says you need to have a sound editing programme. There are some cheep/free and chearfull programmes available, but the likes of cool edit may be a bit daunting to start with. In these programmea you load all the mp3 files ore record sound onto a time line which becomes your show sound. You then have verious tools which allow you to, drag a file to a given time, fade a track in ot out, or cross fade two sounds. They will also have multi tracks which will allow you to add voice overs or sound FX to your show. The final file is saved as an mp3 and this is used for your show.

I see by your profile you live in SE England, there are many A/V workers in this area it would be worth your while to contact www. avworld.org to see whats happening nearby. The one day workshops are always good and I've yet to hear of anybody been bitten by a tame or wild A/V worker :D

Best wishes,

Alan

Just posted up info on sound editing on another thread. (forgotten the name!)

Basically I've posted links to sound tutorials at http://www.digital-av.co.uk look on Sound Sense page.

I personally use Adobe Audition (previously Cool Edit Pro )

put music tracks & or voice onto tracks in multi track mode and use the volume sliders to mix & or shorten.

You can do lots of things, split, etc to edit the soundtrack to exactly how you want it. This is a very rough write up here as it is a whole subject in itself.

Best way to learn is play with it :D and make notes of what you do ! - I used to create a soundtrack and then a few months later have to "relearn" as I had forgotten how I did it all.

If you get stuck post a message here or as I S said e-mail us - everyone is very helpful.

BW Maureen

This question was one I also pondered over when I first started using PTE. A forum member pointed me to Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer which I find suits me excellently. Acoustica is a shareware program and only cost £15. You can find them at www.acoustica.com. There are multiple channels, probably more than you will ever need but ut is easy to use. It allows you mix music, adjust the volume of specific tracks, fade out, crossover, you name it. You can even have silence between tracks or at the satrt and end of a slide show and its aa awful lot cheaper than Adobe Audition.

Gogs