WnSoft Forums

How to add YouTube metadata

tom95521

YouTube allows you to add a description and tags to your slideshows to improve page ranking. You can even add hypertext download links to Windows and Mac executable slideshows so people that are interested in viewing at the highest quality can download the file. They will receive a redirect warning but it works. I use dropbox but there are many other file sharing options. You can do this inside PTE during the upload process (thanks Igor!) or after the video is uploaded you can edit the metadata.

YouTube explains Metadata

Thanks,

Tom

A few screen captures.

post-2058-0-45240600-1378400640_thumb.pn

post-2058-0-43652500-1378400653_thumb.pn

post-2058-0-08779000-1378400660_thumb.pn

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Tom

Thanks for that. However, I'm still not sure how to proceed. I don't use PTE to up-load to Youtube, I think because I lost my PTE log in details somehow. I had an original Youtube log in so I reverted to that. I assume what has to happen is I would need to upload my exe to dropbox or Mediafire & add the URL as a tag on Youtube???

Regards Eric.

Guest Yachtsman1

Thanks Tom

I use a similar function in Flickr, where I can show a picture direct from their server by grabbing the HTML/BCC code, works with stills & video, but only low size files. See screen shot.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-79283900-1378416885_thumb.jp