WnSoft Forums

Push2TV (WiDi) used to show PTE files???

goddi

==========================

Ken,

Thanks for the link. My laptop has the WiDi capability and I'd like to know if anyone has use the Push2TV device to show their PTE shows. Just wondering if there is any lag or weakness in the transmission of the exe or the MP4 file. I use the Western Digital media box to show the shows on the TV but it might be nice to go wireless.

Gary

• 1 month later...

ken

=================================

Greetings,

Well, it seems that nobody has given the Netgear's Push2TV device a try. Since my new laptop has the WiDi capability, I finally pick up one and gave it a try yesterday. I wanted to send my PTE's exes from my laptop to the TV wirelessly.

First of all, the instructions can lead you astray when you first try to install it, at least it did for me. After several hours on the phone with Netgear's tech help ( in India), the said to return it and get another one. I had tried to reset the device (with the paper clip in the small hole) so many times, the reset button must have broke because the paperclip went all the way in with no effect. Nor could be get it to work. Also, the on-screen instructions, somehow, switch from English to Spanish or Italian, for example, and we could not get it back to English.

Anyway, I was really curious what the results would be, so I exchanged it for another one. I finally figured out the proper steps that were not that complicated. The results, when playing the PTE exes from my laptop wirelessly to the WiDi device (that is plugged into an HDMI port on the TV), were impressive. Played just fine and no degradation of the video or sound. In fact, it looked better than on my laptop. Sound and video were in sync. It looked just as good as if it the laptop was directly connected to the TV via an HDMI cable.

But...I noticed that when I switch to playing a YouTube video, for example, it did not function too well. Not sure why yet. But that was not my main purpose for the use of the WiDi device. I wanted to not use my 24 foot HDMI cable strung across my family room from the TV to the sofa. So, I think I will keep it.

Gary