WnSoft Forums

Interesting audio phenonenon

proton777

I'm doing my very first PTE project and posted several questions I've been having along the way. Now there one other issue.

My project consists of many still photos with pan and zoom and a single mp3 file.

I published my one project several ways: As an exe file, as several avi files and several mp4 files.

When I play back in Windows Media Player, the avi and mp4 files are fine. But the exe is strange. When I pause, rewind or fast forward the movie while it's playing, the music continues to play. It has a mind of its own. It does not react to my commands. The avi and mp4s play as expected.

I quickly browsed the forums and didn't see anything like I was experiencing.

Any clues?

Are the slides and audio synchronised?

DG

No, but either way it seems strange that different results occur after publishing 3 file formats from the same saved project.

If the issue is caused by the synchronized audio setting, the problem should be in all the published formats, not just the exe.

Have you tried the Exe with the sync on?

DG

No, but I'll add that to my list of things to do this evening :D/>/>/>

Well now that I'm looking for that setting, I can't find it. I know I saw it before, so now there is the possibility that the setting is not where I think it is. :blink:/>

Evening update...

Problem solved. The audio sync setting I was thinking of was in the Timeline. I found another under Project Options/Advanced. Checked the box to synch soundtrack, re-saved the .exe and it's good now.

Yay! Thanks Dave!