WnSoft Forums

Error code 36

deekay

I have encountered an unexpected problem when burning pte projects to DVD for tv (not HD)

I have previously successfully burned projects to dvd, but I have just encountered an "error 36" code when burning a project - it occurs in the multiplexing stage.

I should add that the project runs perfectly as a pte and exe file on the computer, and the files are backed up in zip.

can anyone help with this problem?

DeeKay

Hi ken,

P2e version 7.5 delux, downloaded in June this year.

Windows 7

I'm not sure what an ISO is - can you explain?

The AV file I am trying to burn to DVD is an amended version of a file I successfully burned to DVD last week. All I have adjusted is the text on a few images to make them easier to read on TV screen

I have run the pte file several times with no problems, I have published as exe file - again no problems.

Hi Peter,

The disc is from the same pack, so that shouldn't be the problem - but I will try a new disc from a new pack in case the disc was faulty.

I get the feeling that this error code is generated by windows rather than p2e, and is almost certainly linked to the dvd burner software.

I did have problems with the disc formatting last time - maybe I should insert the disc in the drive when p2e prompts me rather than

putting it in the dvd burner at the start?

Deekay

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Peter,

The disc is from the same pack, so that shouldn't be the problem - but I will try a new disc from a new pack in case the disc was faulty.

I get the feeling that this error code is generated by windows rather than p2e, and is almost certainly linked to the dvd burner software.

I did have problems with the disc formatting last time - maybe I should insert the disc in the drive when p2e prompts me rather than

putting it in the dvd burner at the start?

Deekay

I believe what you are experiencing was there in the 7 series of PTE, it happened to me a few times but i ignored the error message & the burn continued. However I was using PTE video Builder to creat the DVD, have you tried that instead of another 3rd party DVD burning software?

Yachtsman1.

Thanks Ken,

This is new to me and looks interesting. I need to burn two p2e files to the same DVD - this worked automatically the first time. I presume I will have to

burn each iso file separately. I'll give it a try asap.

Deekay

Deekay,

If you drag two pte files into your DVD creation project it will include both in the same ISO file. You can only burn one ISO per DVD (I thnk!!). It's wise to then create a Menu.

I don't think it matters when you insert the DVD into the tray. I always get the same result either way and use either Roxio or CyberLink to burn the iso. Both work without a hitch.

DG

DAVE

all you had to do is read the url I supplied

Burn a CD or DVD from an ISO file

Applies to Windows 7

An ISO file, also called a disc image, is a single file that’s a copy of an entire data CD or DVD. When you burn a CD or DVD from an ISO file, the new disc has the same folders, files, and properties as the original disc. The most common way to get an ISO file is to download it from a website. For example, you might download and then use an ISO file to update software on your computer.

You can burn a disc image file, which often has either an .iso or .img file name extension, to a recordable CD or DVD by using Windows Disc Image Burner. Whether you can burn it to a recordable CD, DVD, or Blu‑ray Disc depends on your disc burner and the type of discs it can burn, the size of the disc image file, as well as the device on which you plan to use the disc.

1. Insert a recordable CD, DVD, or Blu‑ray Disc into your disc burner.
  2. Open Computer by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg, and then clicking Computer.
  3. In Windows Explorer, find the disc image file, and then double-click it.
  4. If you have more than one disc burner, from the Disc burner list in Windows Disc Image Burner, click the burner that you want to use.
  5. (Optional) If you want to verify that the disc image was burned correctly to the disc, select the Verify disc after burning check box.
    If the integrity of disc image file is critical (for example, the disc image file contains a firmware update), you should select this check box.
  6. Click Burn to burn the disc.

Notes

• If a third-party CD or DVD burning program is installed on your computer, that program might open when you double-click the disc image file. If this happens, and you want to use Windows Disc Image Burner to burn the CD or DVD from the disc image file instead, right-click the disc image file, and then click Burn disc image.
  • You can't create disc image files using Windows Disc Image Burner. To create a disc image file, you need to install and use a third-party CD or DVD burning program or other program that lets you create disc image files from a CD or DVD.

Article ID: MSW700043

Hello Ken -and everyone else!

SUCCESS!!

It must have been a Windows 7 error code, probably due to a disc error.

I have successfully burned a dvd disc with p2e without burning an iso file (so there is nothing wrong with p2e software)

But I will take Ken's advice from now on and burn iso files first.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Deekay