WnSoft Forums

no sound on CD

joewaco

I just made a P2e show of 35 images, synchronized it to my music track (wma file), and burned it to a CD. The CD played perfectly on my laptop that I designed the show on, but though the images play fine on my other computers, I can't get any music to play on any computer other than the one that the show was originally prepared on. Any suggestions of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Joe.

Welcome Joe,

the "doing wrong" is probably using a wma file.

PTE handles them fine, but the "key" or "protection" scheme of wma files make them a headache for playing on machines other than the "original" home pc of the file! Most users simply use mp3 format and avoid wma problems. Give a further cry here if that does not solve the situation.

Thanks, LumenLux:

You're right....I was using a WMA file. I thought P2E played WMA files. I since converted it to MP3, and another odd thing happened. The MP3 plays fine and at full length in the Quicktime player, but when the same file is placed into P2E, it only plays half of the song. In the "song duration" option, it also only shows the song to last 1:05 instead of 2:11 minutes. In the "time line" also, only 1/2 the song shows, though when played, all the slides show up, but only the first 1/2 of the slides are accompanied by the music. I haven't burned the new show to CD to test the background music yet.

I'm very glad you problem has been solved. I wish recall to all that when there are problems with the sound, in 99% of occasions the cause must be searched in these two issues:

1. The sound format is Wma ;

2. Mp3 has been encoded in some incorrect mode, or is corrupted. There are two or three free software to check if a Mp3 is good, but neither is reliable. The best solution is to remake the Mp3 if your original file were a Wav, or (if you have no other chance) convert your Mp3 to Wav, verify this sounds correctly and then re-convert to Mp3.

Anyhow, it's needed to use a safe software to make the Mp3 files (see above).

Thank Guido for this useful information. I think you (as our sound expert) sould write a special chapter about all those sound related problems and Igor should add it to the Help file. It is pity many of your advices are getting lost or forgotten in the forum, thus we can always go to the help file in case of sound problem.

Granot