WnSoft Forums

Splitting or Pausing a Sound File

The latest version of PTE makes light work of adding and muting sound, but I haven't found a way of splitting a sound file added to the timeline so that part of a recorded commentary can be cut and moved along to start at another slide. Am I missing a trick or could this feature be a future addition? I appreciate this could be done with an external editor, but it would improve workflow to do it within PTE.

HI Steeplejack,

What you do in PTE is to load multiple versions of your soundtrack. Then the way I do it is to use the facility of dragging the ends (front and rear) to the point you wish to start and end at on each version of your soundtrack you have uploaded. Effectively, though you may have uploaded your track several times when PTE creates the .exe file only one version will be used. You can do this also from the Projects and Options Audio Tab by inserting the start and end times but personally I find the afore mentioned method more straight forward.

Hope that helps,

Regards and Happy New Year to all,

John

HI Steeplejack,

What you do in PTE is to load multiple versions of your soundtrack. Then the way I do it is to use the facility of dragging the ends (front and rear) to the point you wish to start and end at on each version of your soundtrack you have uploaded. Effectively, though you may have uploaded your track several times when PTE creates the .exe file only one version will be used. You can do this also from the Projects and Options Audio Tab by inserting the start and end times but personally I find the afore mentioned method more straight forward.

Hope that helps,

Regards and Happy New Year to all,

John